8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Somehow, in light of events, this ought to be reposted in this thread
stinson.jpg

spector-of-defeat.jpeg

Adma, what's with the Private Eyesque Eye-dentical twins lately?

I got called once not long after turning 18, said I was attending school, and haven't heard back. I'd do it - my father had three cases in which he sat in trial.

A friend of mine was called for jury duty during the trial for the Concordia University professor who went nuts and killed four people (my friend did not know this was what he was called for). The killer, Vallery Fabrikant, eventually decided to defend himself in court, and the trial dragged on for months.

My friend worked for a local radio station at the time, and had the presence of mind to wear a jacket bearing the call letters. He was asked if he worked at the station, answered yes, and was excused.

He was retained that day for duty on another trial (far less media-sensitive)and served that day. The trial lasted about an hour or so, deliberation lasted something like five minutes, and he was out.

I had Michael Hogben as a professor in ecotoxicology. He had a great sense of humour, and actually tried to help Fabrikant in his "dealings" with the university.

I was summoned for jury duty a couple weeks after I turned 18. I was excused because I had to write a high school exam.

My dad got summoned to be a potential Juror and its been only 2 years since he became a citizen.:confused:

Well really my dad is a die hard liberal when it comes to social and religious issues.

By if its about law and order, you better watch your head... :D

I am certain he would be disqualified..

Anyone ever get out of an exam because of jury duty? I can see this working both ways :cool:

I was going to do that until people informed me it wasn't a big deal to get out of Jury Duty for an exam, or quite a few other things for that matter. There's always next time.

really if your being accused of a crime, the best person to have on your jury is

Fonda.henry.12am.JPG

Henry Fonda...

This guy is 10000X more convincing then any high tech lawyer...

Back