News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Pretty sure we just witnessed the unofficial start to her 2014 mayoral campaign. While I didn't like her when she first became prominent a couple years ago, I'm definitely coming around to her. I think Toronto could really use a centrist mayor who knows the meaning of a compromise after all this useless partisan bickering.

I think she just blew it with Scarborough. Starting with 1/3 of the city hating your guts is a huge disadvantage. She can't win

I think she just blew it with Scarborough. Starting with 1/3 of the city hating your guts is a huge disadvantage. She can't win

I think you're overestimating the memory span of voters. Also it's hard not to look good if Rob Ford is her main competition...

I think you're overestimating the memory span of voters. Also it's hard not to look good if Rob Ford is her main competition...

Normally, I would agree with you. Ripping Eglinton open and orange cones with gridlock will be a constant reminder...

Normally, I would agree with you. Ripping Eglinton open and orange cones with gridlock will be a constant reminder...
The only construction (other than Sheppard East) planned before the next election in 2014 is on Eglinton between Black Creek and Brentcliffe. That's the same for both the Ford and Stintz plans.

The only construction (other than Sheppard East) planned before the next election in 2014 is on Eglinton between Black Creek and Brentcliffe. That's the same for both the Ford and Stintz plans.

and that was my point... She will be standing in 2014 reminding Scarborough that she took the subway away from them. I support the LRT above ground but if that LRT is build at grade and people in Scarborough wont even care about the elevated option, she won't get their vote

and that was my point... She will be standing in 2014 reminding Scarborough that she took the subway away from them. I support the LRT above ground but if that LRT is build at grade and people in Scarborough wont even care about the elevated option, she won't get their vote
I fail to see what subway Ford was going to build in Scarborough by 2014. Even the most optimistic plan was to build a short extension to Sheppard in North York.

I fail to see what subway Ford was going to build in Scarborough by 2014. Even the most optimistic plan was to build a short extension to Sheppard in North York.

That's not the point here, I was just saying that Karen Stinz runs for mayor, can forget Scarborough votes

Whether you have surface LRT, or underground LRT or subways, Eglinton will be affected during construction. Thats why I do not understand people always bringing up St. Clair. Look at the Spadina extension. You think Keele south of Finch going north is a picnic, And thats a real subway

And by the time all the studies would be done, design, awarding of the contracts the next election will be here.

Scarborough 2011: 625,926
Toronto 2011: 2,615,060
Scar = (less than) 1/4 of the city.

Also to consider: (Old) Toronto hates Ford, probably more than Scarborough hates Stintz.

Old Toronto 2011: 736,775 > Scarborough

Old Toronto is also growing at a much faster clip than Scarborough. Funny how the Ford brothers never bother to think about Old Toronto. (Or the Yorks)

Old Toronto + the Inner Yorks = 990,103
Scarborough + Etobicoke = 956,041

North York (651,094) will decide the election and that's where the Ford brothers should be blowing kisses.

Just my 2 cents.

Since when does a candidate need to capture Scarborough to become mayor?
The way things have gone, you've either won all of Scarborough, Etobicoke, and North York - or you win none.

So generally you need to win Scarborough to win, unless we get an issue that really separates Etobicoke vs Scarborough.

Back