Do not purchase to live here--majority of units purchased by investors, some to flip, but mostly to rent out.

Isn't that pretty much par for the course with any non-lux building in the downtown core?

Yes, you're only limited to one, but there are ways around that. I know people who got their brother, sister and son to purchase for them.

Does anyone have an update as to percentage sold after the recission period of 10 days. Is it still running at 70% or thereabouts and when will it open to the public?
Thank you.
And Happy Holidays to all.

Also can anybody confirm there were 2 Bedroom SOHO's in phase 3? I do not see any listings on the website for these type of units?

Thanks

Also can anybody confirm there were 2 Bedroom SOHO's in phase 3? I do not see any listings on the website for these type of units?

Thanks

I can confirm that they have 2 bed soho's. I know for sure that they were selling 707 sq ft soho's and 738's as well. Those were the first units to sell out I'm sure.

the only difference I can see is that the first unit in KWL 1 (85 East Liberty) has a northeast exposure, whereas the other 2 have northwest exposures

perhaps east facing is worth more than west facing ??

Did anyone else notice the crazy price differences in these three IDENTICAL units from the three different phases? Any thoughts?!?!

http://kingwestlife.com/85-floorplans/index.php?id=462&cid=4

http://kingwestlife.com/75-floorplans/index.php?id=555&cid=4

http://kingwestlife.com/65-floorplans/index.php?id=659&cid=3

I believe the reason the unit in 85 may be more is that there is Liberty Park I believe immediately north on the other side of the street. Means you will have a much more open view. The price difference between 65 and 75 is really not all that different and must represent someone in marketing having concluded the view is "marginally better".

what is really amazing is they have about 65 units left and alot of townhouses 45. That would suggest a sales rate of 90%. I know someone else commented about this. Are they holding back any units. It would not appear so.

Mods, I know these comments should be in the real estate section so feel free to move, but something about this stinks and just doesn't make sense.

amendment to purchase and sale agreement

I bought in 85 (first phase of KWL) and just received a letter today asking for extension of the Tentative possession date from May 31, 2010 to June 1, 2013.
They say the newer agreements I assume 65 and 75 (Phase 3 and 2) already have these dates. They also state that over 80% of the project has been sold with average sales price being maintained and that prices have now been increased for the remaining unsold suites. Finally they say they expect that construction financing for the project will be arranged in ordinary course and that the construction will commence in a few months from now.
Any comments.
Mods, feel free to move this to R/E section.
thank you.

To be quite honest (I apologize if I'm stepping on any toes here), I've never felt great about this project. Sure the location is great, but beyond that... nothing.
They have way too many amenities slated to go in, translation, they will be delayed like they are in other projects and will more than likely come out looking very different than they did in the brochures. Not to mention this many amenities also often means escalating maintenance fees. Seriously; bowling alley, pool, rooftop lounge, terraces, the list goes on and on.
The very notion that engineered hardwood throughout at no extra cost just scares me. That really must be the lowest quality of engineered hardwood known to man.
The sales staff was absolutely awful. The blond woman had the audacity to tell me that they were "on a first name basis with everyone at city hall, so there will be no construction delays". When I was searching for my place last summer I went to almost 20 different sales centres and had phone conversations with a number of others, only at King West Life did I hear something so outrageous.
The structure of releases was sad. The sales staff couldn't give me a straight answer as to when the next 2 towers were going on sale (at the time they were only selling one), I guess "being on a first name basis with everyone at city hall" gave them some sort of super powers to get the place built with no delays and not need to know when they would be releasing the bulk of the units. None the less, about a month and a half after I went there I had read on this site that all three towers were for sale. What a joke.
The plans don't seem to make architectural sense. The unit that I was considering was somewhere in the neighbourhood of 875 sq ft, 2 bed + den. When comparing it to the unit I ended up purchasing elsewhere (960 sq ft. 2 bed + den) it looked way larger on paper, yet when I roped off the dimensions for real in my backyard I found out the real truth if you know what I mean. The floorplan made the den look like the Rogers Centre but when you do the dimensions on your own you find out that its actually closer in size to a minivan.
And lets not forget the architecture... the Chrysler building it is not. I think it's safe to say a Walmart is more architecturally inspiring than this anonymous slab that could really be anywhere.

I understand that the staff and the brochures desperately wanted to sell the place, but I'm not in the business of being fooled by faux plans and greasy used car sales people disguised as expert condo sales people. I liked Liberty Village and I was willing to make some sacrifices to live in that neighbourhood, but my dignity and intelligence cannot be sacrificed.

Good luck to all who bought here, I hope your experience was better than mine and that the place turns out to be what you expected. Please do not take this rant as an attack, I just felt it really needed to be shared.

To be quite honest (I apologize if I'm stepping on any toes here), I've never felt great about this project. Sure the location is great, but beyond that... nothing.
They have way too many amenities slated to go in, translation, they will be delayed like they are in other projects and will more than likely come out looking very different than they did in the brochures. Not to mention this many amenities also often means escalating maintenance fees. Seriously; bowling alley, pool, rooftop lounge, terraces, the list goes on and on.
The very notion that engineered hardwood throughout at no extra cost just scares me. That really must be the lowest quality of engineered hardwood known to man.
The sales staff was absolutely awful. The blond woman had the audacity to tell me that they were "on a first name basis with everyone at city hall, so there will be no construction delays". When I was searching for my place last summer I went to almost 20 different sales centres and had phone conversations with a number of others, only at King West Life did I hear something so outrageous.
The structure of releases was sad. The sales staff couldn't give me a straight answer as to when the next 2 towers were going on sale (at the time they were only selling one), I guess "being on a first name basis with everyone at city hall" gave them some sort of super powers to get the place built with no delays and not need to know when they would be releasing the bulk of the units. None the less, about a month and a half after I went there I had read on this site that all three towers were for sale. What a joke.
The plans don't seem to make architectural sense. The unit that I was considering was somewhere in the neighbourhood of 875 sq ft, 2 bed + den. When comparing it to the unit I ended up purchasing elsewhere (960 sq ft. 2 bed + den) it looked way larger on paper, yet when I roped off the dimensions for real in my backyard I found out the real truth if you know what I mean. The floorplan made the den look like the Rogers Centre but when you do the dimensions on your own you find out that its actually closer in size to a minivan.
And lets not forget the architecture... the Chrysler building it is not. I think it's safe to say a Walmart is more architecturally inspiring than this anonymous slab that could really be anywhere.

I understand that the staff and the brochures desperately wanted to sell the place, but I'm not in the business of being fooled by faux plans and greasy used car sales people disguised as expert condo sales people. I liked Liberty Village and I was willing to make some sacrifices to live in that neighbourhood, but my dignity and intelligence cannot be sacrificed.

Good luck to all who bought here, I hope your experience was better than mine and that the place turns out to be what you expected. Please do not take this rant as an attack, I just felt it really needed to be shared.

It sounds like you had a bad experience. I actually own a Plazacorp condo already and I can tell you they deliver a very good product. The hardwood is actually quite nice in it. they just figure that it is easier to offer good quality and not bother doing upgrades. For eg., they offer 60 oz broadloom (instead of 40 oz for the bedrooms) or you can have the hardwood. the reality is it is not that expensive to do small spaces in better quality and because you are buying quantity, the price is often reasonable.

Your experience with the sales staff is really poor and I agree.

amenities: there are alot. That means costs. that said, this is a very large project 1150 units approximately so the cost per unit will likely be reasonable. My concern is more that there are so many people that the amenities will be crowded on a usage basis. Remember these facilities are being shared by 3 buildings so one pool for 3 buildings is certainly more economic than 1 pool for 1 building. Hence, they can afford to offer other facilities.

800 sq. ft or 900 sq. ft. is the same whereever you go, allowing for the fact that layout can make a world of difference. An 8 x 7 foot den is very small. One has to look behind the sales material and realize what one is buying. There is a reason that every developer spends a fortune preparing glossy "lifestyle dreams" rather than marketing the real thing. The thing I really liked about Plazacorp both with my previous purchase and this one is they show you a STANDARD unit which is what you get, not a unit with $50K of upgrades and sell you showing you something which in no way reflects what you are actually purchasing.

Finally, I understand your frustration and I personally have no vested interest whether you buy or not in KWL. that said, I would hope that you were able to purchase in an area that you are equally happy in or maybe the same area, but that you did not let the sales experience ultimately decide for you not to live in a neighbourhood you wanted because at the end, the sales people and experience are gone and you are left with a condo in a given neighbourhood.

that all said, I agree with you that they are not the most beautiful buildings but none the less I think it will be a great project and if my other Plazacorp purchase is any comparison, the people at KWL will be very happy. And incidently, our condo fees while having gone up wwere quite realistic.

I originialy thought the buildings looked ugly, but once I went to the sales center, I changed my mind...It won't win any prizes, but I think when all is said and done, the building will look quite nice. I like how it steps back near the top with all those terraces.

I don't understand pooping on a developer who's doing the right thing and offering you upgrades free of charge. That's what all these builders should be doing instead of charging you an arm and a leg for something that doesn't cost them much to do.

Right next door Liberty Towers was charging some hefty fees for upgrades, so having everything included up front is a nice option to have. If you have doubts about the quality, check out the finished product in West Harbour City, or a resale unit in another one of their projects in the city.

Right next door Liberty Towers was charging some hefty fees for upgrades, so having everything included up front is a nice option to have.

You're right. I've been to the KWL showroom and counted at least $15 000 worth of Liberty Towers upgrades like engineered hardwood, slide-in stove, backsplash, etc.. The problem is I wouldn't want most of them and/or you can always negotiate many of them into an agreement. Nothing is free and the cost is hidden somewhere. Perhaps KWL starts at a higher price point.

Back