I'm kind of confused regarding the last few pages of this thread. the most westerly building is phase 3, which is 85 east liberty. so i dont understand how phase 3 would be moving in first if they only have about 4-5 levels up so far. im sure its just a mix up. the layout image of KWL shows front part is facing north so phase 1 is the most easterly tower and phase 3 (the one next to the police building which is the least developed so far) is the most westerly tower (keeping in mind that the back of KWL is facing the water ie. south). anyone feel free to clarify/comment on this to clear things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of confused regarding the last few pages of this thread. the most westerly building is phase 3, which is 85 east liberty. so i dont understand how phase 3 would be moving in first if they only have about 4-5 levels up so far. im sure its just a mix up. the layout image of KWL shows front part is facing north so phase 1 is the most easterly tower and phase 3 (the one next to the police building which is the least developed so far) is the most westerly tower (keeping in mind that the back of KWL is facing the water ie. south). anyone feel free to clarify/comment on this to clear things up.

I bought in 2008 phase I and my address is 85 east liberty st. i even checked my agreement to be sure ! The most westerly building is phase I.

Hey Anne, really? Ok I'm confused now lol. I checked mine and it also says 85 East Liberty.

Hey Anne, really? Ok I'm confused now lol. I checked mine and it also says 85 East Liberty.

Believe me, I feel your pain. I asked my agent to look into it for me, I will let you know. I copied this explanation from above -someone else commented as below:

"Yes, the way they are building KWL, the most easterly building will be moving in first, followed by the middle, followed by the westerly building I would think. They would be starting to work on the interiors of the closed in sections first and hence the easterly building will go first. On the other hand, if you bought early on, you got the best price I am sure Anne Caddoo. If you are in the westerly building, at least you know you will have 2 great neighbours; us and da1524.

I believe what happened was they had to ask everyone in phase 1 to resign the agreements because they were beyond the time limitations and because they started to build at the East end, they have now more time to build the 85(westerly building) according to the new contract. This was a function of the 2008/2009 meltdown
which slowed sales in the Westerly building."

yea i already read that, thats why i was confused. from my understanding phase 1 is 65 East Liberty, phase 2 is 75 and phase 3 is 85. Pretty sure I was told I was buying in the third phase when I bought in April 2010. all my papers say 85, let me know what they say.

i just called the presentation centre and you guys are right, 85 East Liberty is Phase 1, (the one that has the least levels completed). She said that they will be calling next spring regarding selections that you have to make for your unit. When I mentioned about how they are different levels of progress for each tower, she said they will all be completed around the same time and that they are moving quite quickly for phase 1 at present. (take that for what its worth i guess).

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i already read that, thats why i was confused. from my understanding phase 1 is 65 East Liberty, phase 2 is 75 and phase 3 is 85. Pretty sure I was told I was buying in the third phase when I bought in April 2010. all my papers say 85, let me know what they say.

Well I bought in July 2008, that was a lifetime ago ! :D

i just called the presentation centre and you guys are right, 85 East Liberty is Phase 1, (the one that has the least levels completed). She said that they will be calling next spring regarding selections that you have to make for your unit. When I mentioned about how they are different levels of progress for each tower, she said they will all be completed around the same time and that they are moving quite quickly for phase 1 at present. (take that for what its worth i guess).

Thank you for doing that, I will take it for what its worth - I feel a little better. :)

I spoke with the sales office today. Over 90% sold now for the project. The choices for colour selection will be next spring/summer for Phase 1.
They said that all 3 phases will be moving in at the same time around June 2013 with registration to occur Oct 2013. I guess we will see if that transpires.

When I asked the sales centre about them building phase 3 first they said it was because of the Liberty Towers next door. Those buildings are occupided so by building the 3rd tower first it will block off the rest of the construction. They will still be finishing the building from the ground up and moving people in floor by floor, not tower by tower.

They are starting with 65 and then will do 75 and finally 85. I was told they will call me in the spring next year for colour selection and I am in 85(the westerly building).

Some more information.

All 3 buildings will be finished before people move in. I think they said June 2013 occupancy for 9th floor in Phase 3.

I drove by last week and I notice the brick is all white. Some mentioned they may paint the brick red. Personally, I like the white brick against the tan coloured highlights and hope they keep it this colour.
I recall when Plazacorp built 140 Simcoe, University Plaza, it was originally shown with red brick (which I thought actually looked better than the tan/yellow brick they ended up using) so I am not sure that the artist's rendition will be followed.
Does anyone know if they are going to paint the brick on KWL or are they going to leave it white?

Back