When I last spoke to the office (last week of November), I asked about the December occupants having the option to shift occupancy into the new year. The office confirmed this was the case and also asked if I wanted to extend my April 15 occupancy by 3 weeks.

When I last spoke to the office (last week of November), I asked about the December occupants having the option to shift occupancy into the new year. The office confirmed this was the case and also asked if I wanted to extend my April 15 occupancy by 3 weeks.

Received an official letter stating that occupancy is indeed delayed until end of March due to a "clerical error". However, I have to admit that the office was being sneaky, trying to make me sign a letter to accept this "error" and waiving any compensation that may arise as a result of this delay. Thankfully I didn't sign it as we should be in a position to claim for compensation now for this but didn't like at all the way I was treated with regards to this matter! I expected much more integrity from a company like Cityzen.

What type of compensation would you be eligible for? I guess we would have to speak to our lawyer handing the purchase?

Received an official letter stating that occupancy is indeed delayed until end of March due to a "clerical error". However, I have to admit that the office was being sneaky, trying to make me sign a letter to accept this "error" and waiving any compensation that may arise as a result of this delay. Thankfully I didn't sign it as we should be in a position to claim for compensation now for this but didn't like at all the way I was treated with regards to this matter! I expected much more integrity from a company like Cityzen.

I get the impression the sales office is kept in the dark on a lot of things. A lot of conflicting information. :(

Can I ask, has anyone else received this letter? ... Or does it depend maybe on which unit you have. I still haven't received anything in the mail. It probably is still coming. Citizen is acting unprofessional.

Sounds like most of you with December/January qualify for delayed compensation. I would get in touch with your lawyers for advice or work it out with customer care.

I find the sales office to be in the dark about a lot of things especially dates and information on assignments. Its best to speak with customer care at Citizen/Fernbrook.

I will be at the Dec 18th session, hope to see some of you guys there asking about delayed compensation ; )

I registered for December 18th today as well. According to the sales office, my April 15th occupancy hasn't changed.

I registered for December 18th today as well. According to the sales office, my April 15th occupancy hasn't changed.

I just registered for the 18th aswell. Let's hope Citizen addresses the timeframe delays for move in for all of us. See you all there. Sounds like this delay is only affecting the group moving in Dec/Jan. If that happens there might be a backlog affecting all.

I went to the session today. It was very basic. The speaker was from the management company. She addressed generic items such as how to use the garbage chute and who to phone if you need to book an elevator. The audience asked her when first occupancy was. She did not know. Someone asked where the parking is. She thought its at the Sony Centre. She is knowledgeable for building management items, but did not know much related to the builder or building. No photos of the building were presented.

Basically not useful. I would have thought a representative of the builder will show up. An owner got really upset when the management company couldn't answer any of his questions.

Sounds like a waste of time……
I may just skip out on todays session in that case. Was really hoping for some solid answers from the builder. Any other feedback on yesterdays session?

Sounds like a waste of time……
I may just skip out on todays session in that case. Was really hoping for some solid answers from the builder. Any other feedback on yesterdays session?

There was a rep from Rogers and Bell as well there. They gave out a free PVR each. Their promotion was 6 months free (no contract), then full price (as per their website) subsequent to the 6 month period.

Assuming Cityzen/Castlepoint/Fernbrook doesn't smarten up and send a rep to at least talk for a few minutes and answer a few questions, I wouldn't think the session is worth it. Everything the management rep said will be available when you move in. I really do not need to know how to operate a garbage chute until I'm actually in the building. Plus its really only 3 buttons and a lever. It did not need me driving in the snow and slush to get information I could have read off a brochure.

Really disappointed with the lack of construction update and photos. It is such a simple thing to do that will take only a few minutes of their time. I wasn't the only one disappointed. I heard grumbling all around me plus a few heated discussions.

If anybody shows up at the Dec 18th session, please share if they actually present new and interesting information. Thanks!

I have been amazed at how poorly most developers and property management firms communicate. There are so many tools these days that make it easy to keep people updated with construction progress, important things to note, link to elevator bookings, etc. etc. etc. yet it's so seldom done!

I have been amazed at how poorly most developers and property management firms communicate. There are so many tools these days that make it easy to keep people updated with construction progress, important things to note, link to elevator bookings, etc. etc. etc. yet it's so seldom done!

It is annoying. I'd say Tridel is excellent at this. A lot of builders simply don't focus on the customer care portion of their companies. I guess they can't be bothered. But it's very important. Plazacorp does a good job of this as well.

If Plazacorp does a good job, they have changed because they barely communicated at all when I purchased a few years ago. At that time, Monarch was doing a good job with regular emails, info sessions and an online forum for new buyers at one of their developments

If Plazacorp does a good job, they have changed because they barely communicated at all when I purchased a few years ago. At that time, Monarch was doing a good job with regular emails, info sessions and an online forum for new buyers at one of their developments

My mother purchased a property from them and has had nothing but good things to say about the entire process. I had dealt with them on several occasions and thought everything went pretty smoothly. I don't think there was an online forum, though.

Still, Tridel is the best for that. They have multiple info seminars, they don't rush you through color selection. They supply you with a lot of information. They basically hold your hand along the way.

Back