I also just received my letter. I'm mid-building, and I've been bumped from Sept 2013 to January 2014. The delays on this building are unbelievable.

The first delay was two years and was because the city of Toronto took time to decide not to put up the $500 million for the arts lab
Then the city of Toronto allowed the builders time to find private investors for the arts lab.
When the money could not be raised for the arts lab they had to redesign the base of the building.

I do not mind the fact that the construction was not moving too fast during the main phase of construction. Too many condos go up way too quickly and end up with way too many deficiencies. This building is being built to last. There are a lot of big names behind this building and proud workers on the job in every aspect related to the construction of L-Tower.

I cannot wait for the grand opening when the building is registered. I hope there will be a light show and celebration on the street like they did last fall.

Upgrades:
The bathroom plumbing fixtures is a must do in my opinion.
The hardwood flooring in the kitchen is another highly recommended upgrade.
The rest is personal choice. The Kitchen faucet is simple to replace compared to the bathroom shower and tub fixtures.
Personally I like the full width and full height Bathroom mirror Upgrade for $200, worth it to me.

The first delay was two years and was because the city of Toronto took time to decide not to put up the $500 million for the arts lab
Then the city of Toronto allowed the builders time to find private investors for the arts lab.
When the money could not be raised for the arts lab they had to redesign the base of the building.

I do not mind the fact that the construction was not moving too fast during the main phase of construction. Too many condos go up way too quickly and end up with way too many deficiencies. This building is being built to last. There are a lot of big names behind this building and proud workers on the job in every aspect related to the construction of L-Tower.

I cannot wait for the grand opening when the building is registered. I hope there will be a light show and celebration on the street like they did last fall.

Upgrades:
The bathroom plumbing fixtures is a must do in my opinion.
The hardwood flooring in the kitchen is another highly recommended upgrade.
The rest is personal choice. The Kitchen faucet is simple to replace compared to the bathroom shower and tub fixtures.
Personally I like the full width and full height Bathroom mirror Upgrade for $200, worth it to me.

Whatever makes you sleep well at night.

I don't know if there is a benefit to the developer wanting to delay occupancy. Don't they want to just get their money out and move on to the next site as soon as they can? But it certainly FEELS like they don't care about delays given the long long history of this building. Hopefully the end result will be worth the wait.

The developer wants interim occupancy to occur as soon as possible, but if the building isn't up to code, they can't let it be occupied. I suspect they are behind in one area, so they are trying to use the strikes as a tool to extend the occupancy dates without them being financial liable.

For those that have been reporting their occupancy, do you own parking as well? I do, and as I stated, I'm June 2014 (pre-strike) and I'm at the construction elevator, lower half of the building. The parking doesn't look like it will be ready by October, to be honest. They are still working on P4. I suspect they need to at least reach G or 2nd Storey for them to even have a chance of having the parking ready for use. But I've been told parking isn't a pre-requisite of occupancy, so they may choose to piss people off and occupy, even if the owner's parking space isn't available....

The developer wants interim occupancy to occur as soon as possible, but if the building isn't up to code, they can't let it be occupied. I suspect they are behind in one area, so they are trying to use the strikes as a tool to extend the occupancy dates without them being financial liable.

For those that have been reporting their occupancy, do you own parking as well? I do, and as I stated, I'm June 2014 (pre-strike) and I'm at the construction elevator, lower half of the building. The parking doesn't look like it will be ready by October, to be honest. They are still working on P4. I suspect they need to at least reach G or 2nd Storey for them to even have a chance of having the parking ready for use. But I've been told parking isn't a pre-requisite of occupancy, so they may choose to piss people off and occupy, even if the owner's parking space isn't available....

I have a parking spot as well ... I'm still may 2014 (pre-strike). I suspect you are right, they are probably slow in one area and they are using this as a means to not pay any penalty.

Hopefully they settle the strike quick. It appears the pressure is starting to build. I walked into this protest by accident last week ...

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/30/striking-elevator-workers-picket-downtown-toronto/

My apologies, I received the letter indicating that there were 2 strikes that could affect the completion by 6 weeks. When I had my appointment to select finishes I was informed about the new predicted occupancy date of March 2014. My appointment was on May 16th. I haven't received a letter pushing my date from November to March.

Thx for clarifying. I thought maybe that was the case, but I was hoping maybe I had missed news abt the strike ending. Ugh. In less than a month it will be exactly 6 years since I bought this. Sort of ridiculous.

Thx for clarifying. I thought maybe that was the case, but I was hoping maybe I had missed news abt the strike ending. Ugh. In less than a month it will be exactly 6 years since I bought this. Sort of ridiculous.

Got my first post strike letter from ferncastle. I guess they are going to do this in stages ... one after the drywall strike is over and one after the elevator strike is over. My date use to be May 20, 2014 ... now its June 5, 2014 (I guess this only accounts for the drywall strike). Not too bad ... two weeks (although two weeks is two weeks too much). Hope the delay from the elevator one will be somewhat similar. Is this similar to what people are seeing?

Got my first post strike letter from ferncastle. I guess they are going to do this in stages ... one after the drywall strike is over and one after the elevator strike is over. My date use to be May 20, 2014 ... now its June 5, 2014 (I guess this only accounts for the drywall strike). Not too bad ... two weeks (although two weeks is two weeks too much). Hope the delay from the elevator one will be somewhat similar. Is this similar to what people are seeing?

I got moved from mid June to July 4, 2014. They noted the strike lasted 1 week, but they extended the interim occupancy date by more than 2 weeks. I'm not sure how that computes.

I'm worried about the elevator strike now. By their logic, they will extend the date by 2x the strike time, even though intellectually, they should only extend by the strike time (assuming they stopped all work, which they didn't. They are still working on site). Also, I don't see why the dry wall delay shouldn't be accounted for in the extension of the elevator delay. If the strike for dry wallers was 1 week and the elevators 5 weeks, covering the same period of time, I would expect a 5 week delay, not 6. That's already being generous since its not like they closed the construction site down the entire time.

Got another letter! At my last appointment to choose finishes I was told March 12, 2014. The latest letter I received states occupancy on April 1. Hopefully it's not an April fools joke!

Got another letter! At my last appointment to choose finishes I was told March 12, 2014. The latest letter I received states occupancy on April 1. Hopefully it's not an April fools joke!

I also received my first post-drywall strike letter, and my occupancy date is January 30, 2014, the same month it was last time. However, the elevator strike continues, so who knows when the next date will be.

Just got back into town, can I ask if anyone got any delay letters post elevator strike. I didn't yet. I hope this means no extra delay has been added :D

Just got back into town, can I ask if anyone got any delay letters post elevator strike. I didn't yet. I hope this means no extra delay has been added :D

No additional letters for me. I'm hoping the next one I get would be a PDI package!

It never hurts to have some exposure when listing your condo unit. I can see the future For Sale ads now for L Tower: "As seen on CTV's The Amazing Race Canada" lol.

Can't wait for next week's episode. The show has been Ah-mazing!

What are some initial thoughts regarding median price per foot this place will fetch?

It never hurts to have some exposure when listing your condo unit. I can see the future For Sale ads now for L Tower: "As seen on CTV's The Amazing Race Canada" lol.

Can't wait for next week's episode. The show has been Ah-mazing!

Back