Hey guys, does anyone know if BBQs are permitted on the balconies?

Cheers
That would be in your condo rules docs which would have been distributed when you signed your agreement.

Typically they're not permitted unless you have a gas connection.

Let me know, if need L tower condo locker

I have L tower condo locker, and want to rent out, let me know if you need it.
$50/month and 12 month agreement. call me 649741185 Mark

I do not understand how the City of Toronto can issue occupancy permits for units in L Tower which do not even have shower heads and running hot water
The City of Toronto and the department which issues occupancy permits must take care to ensure that the basic amenities for human existence in this frigid weather is available before issuance of any occupancy permit.
The builders PDI inspector says that missing shower heads and no running hot water are not warranty issues so no mention of it is required to be made on the PDI inspection Tarion warranty form I hope someone in CITY OF TORONTO & TARION wakes up and takes up this issue of grant of occupancy permits without proper basic facilities of running hot water at least in the right earnest or else a petition against Tarion and the City of Toronto would have to be filed in the Courts
Some units which do not even have the outer glass covering and are in fact boarded up with plywood have also been issued with occupancy permits.
It is the responsibility of the city to take care of its citizen and not toe the line of a developer I hope the Mayor Elect John Tory looks into this issue with some degree of responsibility

I do not understand how the City of Toronto can issue occupancy permits for units in L Tower which do not even have shower heads and running hot water
The City of Toronto and the department which issues occupancy permits must take care to ensure that the basic amenities for human existence in this frigid weather is available before issuance of any occupancy permit.
The builders PDI inspector says that missing shower heads and no running hot water are not warranty issues so no mention of it is required to be made on the PDI inspection Tarion warranty form I hope someone in CITY OF TORONTO & TARION wakes up and takes up this issue of grant of occupancy permits without proper basic facilities of running hot water at least in the right earnest or else a petition against Tarion and the City of Toronto would have to be filed in the Courts
Some units which do not even have the outer glass covering and are in fact boarded up with plywood have also been issued with occupancy permits.
It is the responsibility of the city to take care of its citizen and not toe the line of a developer I hope the Mayor Elect John Tory looks into this issue with some degree of responsibility

Don't hold your breath. I have heard of some people demanding to have their occupancy delayed and in some cases getting it. You just have to make some noise. The city is only interested in getting paid.

People moving in w/o hot water and functioning showers? That's a travesty. This building needs to get its act together.

Isn't Hot Water a requirement?

According to TORONTO MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 629, PROPERTY STANDARDS, § 629-37. Plumbing; water and sanitary facilities, sec B.

found here: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_629.pdf
"Every dwelling unit shall have an adequate supply of potable and running hot and cold water from a source approved by the Medical Officer of Health. "

I can't believe they are forcing people to take occupancy.. I guess they figured there must be a lot of investors out there that are id ots

Just got another Occupancy delay notice, went from Jan 29th 2015 to March 2015.....lol
This is probably the +9th time...OMG

You're not alone ... same here :(

It's really odd that some units are still getting such massive delays. I have had my keys for almost a month now, and have been slowly moving my furniture in, and have stayed there off and on. There are not very many people in the building, but everytime I'm there I see someone moving something in, so a lot of the building is livable. I'm surprised to hear some people still don't have hot water. Maybe the delayed units are the ones where the side crane is attached?

Anyone here have their occupancy fees cashed by the builder yet?? Find it very odd that they pushed us in so early, which I assume was to get our cheques, but then not deposit them...

I'm pretty shocked that those unfinished units are granted occupancy... this builder/building is pretty messed up. and alot of things are not done properly. I've had people come into my unit to fix defects without any notifications.. not even a call/message saying please move ur furnitures out of the way or note saying we were here doing blah blah blah...

Mark/Ltowerrice you've been assigned a locker already? I have purchased 1 but haven't been given 1

parking situation is still the same, not done. They gave up giving people temp spots across the street and straight up hired valet service to park our cars in the construction site south of the building....A few other fails i've noted so far, they forgot to make the building handicap accessible, but i think they are looking to fix that... Also, I currently don't see anywhere they can place an intercom for our guests to buzz into the building...

I've kind of gotten past how incompetent this builder is.. and just hope that soon all the stupidity will fix itself and go away

Sounds like some of you are still pretty pissed at this builder... perhaps you can vent your anger by going to the sales centre across the street and share the L tower horrors with the potential buyers of their next project, the Selby :D cityzen would be very very pleased

Oh and just FYI - if you have any major issues within ur unit (no heat, no hot water etc...) Call the office, and MESSAGE 1 (or a couple) of the cityzen reps on BAZINGA. My friend lives at pier 27 and said they have a mandatory turnaround date where they must respond to a resident's message.

Last edited:
Interesting ... On the ltower construction site ... http://ltowerconstructioninfo.com/ ... The last line of the ltower update for this week says:

"NOTE: We’ll be providing further updates and approximate timelines on the crane, and The Esplanade sidewalk next week."

Maybe an update on the crane coming down will be posted next week ... i hope.

Saw some suite interiors on the net. Disappointing. Do not match the modern design of the exterior. Look suburban and dated. I guess that speaks to just how long construction has taken. Their finishes would have been decent 10 years ago. Luckily all that could be reno'd

It's really odd that some units are still getting such massive delays. I have had my keys for almost a month now, and have been slowly moving my furniture in, and have stayed there off and on. There are not very many people in the building, but everytime I'm there I see someone moving something in, so a lot of the building is livable. I'm surprised to hear some people still don't have hot water. Maybe the delayed units are the ones where the side crane is attached?
No ... I am on the opposite side of the crane. I think i am delayed because of height 50 .. not sure ?

Hi riley ... hope you don't mind me asking. Have you run into people living on those floors. I'm wondering if those floors are even accessible yet. Maybe still under construction. I wonder even if the elevators can access those floors ... or is it set up that you can only access the floor you live on.

Back