To the folks who are moved in.....is there still a lot of construction going on inside the building?
Is there a lot of folks living in the building or is it still quite vacant?

To the folks who are moved in.....is there still a lot of construction going on inside the building?
Is there a lot of folks living in the building or is it still quite vacant?

There are people constantly moving in. It is still relatively empty.

However, the whole building looks like a construction site inside and out. It is extremely dusty and full of construction litter (as you would expect from a construction site) including the lobby.

I am on the 40+ floor, and you still see trades people trying to sneak into empty units to have a smoke, lunch use the bathroom etc.

The customer service office is a joke!

On the + side, you can easily move stuff in and out if you need to. The property management staff are very helpful and friendly on most days.

Posted on construction website ...
"The Large Crane Tower is currently scheduled to remain in place over the winter and will*be removed in*March, 2015."

Hi riley ... hope you don't mind me asking. Have you run into people living on those floors. I'm wondering if those floors are even accessible yet. Maybe still under construction. I wonder even if the elevators can access those floors ... or is it set up that you can only access the floor you live on.

Hey, sorry for delay, i haven't been on this site for a while over Christmas. I have only run into one neighbour living on my floor so far, and I've seen another person walk into another unit, but when I said hello, he looked shocked to be 'caught' going in and when I got a good look at him it looked like one of the constructiong guys going in. I don't know if the other units are investor units or unsold or what, but I haven't seen any other residents on my floor. I have run into a few other residents in the elevators though, so I know there are other people living here, moving things. I have pressed buttons for other floors to see if there is progress on other floors' common spaces/hallways, and it works. My floor just got carpet, but the walls are still in progress. The building as a whole still feels very under construction, especially the elevators and the outside, and I don't think the amenities floors will be ready for a long time.

Wait...I just realized that your question meant the floors that people have had delays on right? What floors specifically would you like to know about it?

Wait...I just realized that your question meant the floors that people have had delays on right? What floors specifically would you like to know about it?

Thanks for the info riley ... really appreciate it. Yes you are right ... looking back on this forum and other places, I notice alot of people, who got the latest 2+ month delay notice, seem to be on the 47+ floors. I am in a small unit on 54, so i was wondering if those floors look pretty much the same as other floors or are they radically different (ie: maybe just concrete still ?). Trying to get some sort of handle if this appears to be the final delay or if there could be more. So far getting no help from cityzen/fernbrook.

I heard the builder has 6 months beyond the registry date to build the amenities ... i am not surprised if they are the last priority.

From your description it appears they are moving in people very slowly.

Thanks again for the info, though.

Happy new year and all the best for 2015. Cheers !

Anyone not feeling this new carpet....?

I'm not a big fan either. on the plus side, they used a lot of dark colours in the carpet, and tiles near the elevator. It will help with maintenace fees since it will not look as worn as easily.

Carpet replacement should come from the reserve fund, not maintenance fees

I agree to some extent. The general maintenance (example - replacing sections (usually small areas) where animals for example have relieved themselves and caused a permanent stain) will be part of the annual budget. Steam cleaning same deal. A total building (or just specific floors) carpet replacement does come from the reserve fund, but the reserve fund is funded by the monthly maintenance fee. One of the condos I'm familiar with had to move their replacement program from 7 years to 5 years for carpets due to high usage and animals not being careful. Adjustments such as these will affect the reserve fund study, which in turn will increase maintenance fees.

The tiles and the dark carpeting will help, though I would prefer, from an aesthetic and acoustics point of view, to have all carpets with a lighter colour.

Has anyone had anything fixed from their 30-day Tarion deficiency list yet? We listed only 4 things, but NONE of them have been done yet. While I consider them all important, one of these deficiencies is probably illegal and would be easily fixed: the exhaust fan above the stove top has no pipe connecting it to the exhaust vent in the wall. The smoke that the fan sucks up just gets immediately recirculated in the room. The pipe is just completely missing. This is a ridiculous oversight on the part of the builder, and I pointed it out in the 30 day form, and its been months, and the pipe remains missing. I think it must be illegal to not have a kitchen with any venting whatsoever.

I had the same fan problem, mentioned in warranty too, but I moved in with no connection, had to email the office and ask for fix ASAP. they did fix it in couple of days, the rest of list may not get done anytime soon!

I'm leasing but been in the building a few months now. I can try to answer any questions anyone may have the best I can.

Some thoughts I haven't seen here so far - the constant fire alarms are a pain. There's no news or information about projected amenity availability date nor what they even will be (anyone know?). The parking was also projected to be available by mid Dec but still isn't.

I'm leasing but been in the building a few months now. I can try to answer any questions anyone may have the best I can.

Some thoughts I haven't seen here so far - the constant fire alarms are a pain. There's no news or information about projected amenity availability date nor what they even will be (anyone know?). The parking was also projected to be available by mid Dec but still isn't.

Thanks for sharing. Appreciate the info about amenities.

What floorplan do you have if you don't mind sharing? What have been the pros/cons of deciding to live in L Tower thus far? What is your overall impression of the quality of the units?

Back