40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
very impressive throughout with great looking premises - a huge improvement over the current strip mall hell! I really appreciate the use of mixed materials for the cladding too. It would be nice to see more red brick mixed with expanses of glass in this way...

very nice looking building ... hopefully this is going to happen cause that are needs something new.

This is an ideal style of building for a neighborhood of Toronto .. wouldn't work downtown.

Looks rather civilized for that area and any building that brings retail, right to the sidewalk, is a blessing. That area now is all ugly strip malls and a dreadful place to walk or drive. I grew up around there and tried to avoid that corner as much as possible. It will be nice to see it change.

I'm undecided if such large terraces/terrazi should be embraced in northern climates. Deep terraces mean that sunlight (not daylight, there's a difference) wont penetrate the unit. South facing sunlight in winter can greatly reduce heating costs.

Good riddance to that disgusting strip mall. A very welcome addition to the neighbourhood and intersection! BELLA BELLA!

Can't see the canal staying in its present form. Safety hazard and keeping water clean way too difficult.

If this was downtown the raccoons would be all over those water features. It would be great if those shutters could be easily changed to windows for the cool season, in order that solar heat could be captured when needed. I would want a terrace that deep.

I'm undecided if such large terraces/terrazi should be embraced in northern climates. Deep terraces mean that sunlight (not daylight, there's a difference) wont penetrate the unit. South facing sunlight in winter can greatly reduce heating costs.

They look like very comfortable spaces for spending time and relaxing during the rest of the year.

icescraper said:
Can't see the canal staying in its present form. Safety hazard and keeping water clean way too difficult

It's not like other condos don't have big fountains and expensive landscaping to maintain. Put some up designer barriers and it'll be fine.

Back