News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This is an ideal style of building for a neighborhood of Toronto .. wouldn't work downtown.

I completely agree! as much as I love downtown Toronto the idea of the straight lines, glass and steel totally work for that environment.
The warm stones colours, the canal, the deep balconies would definitely work more in this kind of environment (and will hopefully dress up that drab intersection)

I completely agree! as much as I love downtown Toronto the idea of the straight lines, glass and steel totally work for that environment.
The warm stones colours, the canal, the deep balconies would definitely work more in this kind of environment (and will hopefully dress up that drab intersection)

Downtown Toronto is all about diversity, though, from the warm colours, arched windows and grand cornices of a Victorian block to the straight lines and glass of a new Modernist condominium. Why not have deep balconies? One Saint Thomas has them, for instance. I think this building without the canal and private space around it would fit into many neighbourhoods well, like among the brick warehouses of King West and along the waterfront, where the "three seasons room" balconies could be amazing facing the lake. It probably wouldn't fit into CityPlace, but if that's hardly representative of all of downtown.

much needed reinvigoration to staid, drab commercial-industrial zone. Anxiously anticipating demoltion of current retail tracts at Dufferin-Lawrence and commencement of new residential high-rise construction. Good job Lanterra.

Back