8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Exodus

Member Bio
Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone had a ballpark figure of how much all the lawyer costs will be for the purchase of a resale condo around $350k?

i was quoted around $1500 including disbursements. is this reasonable? i'm a first time home buyer btw

Don't expect to find out the real final figure until much later. Lawyers are allowed to be sneaky for some reason. No other business could get away with doing things the way they do.

Use this lawyer's site's online fee calculator for comparison.

www.homelegalcost.com

I put in your numbers and came up with the following quote.
SUBJECT: Purchase of Resale, Toronto, Condo Apt, Single-Family Residence on City services (including any one mortgage or secured credit line) TO BE VACANT on the closing date in April, 2010 for $ 350,000.00.

FEES AND EXPENSES: including purchase processing legal service fees (typically $395 to $495); any one mortgage or credit line security legal service fee (typically $195); PLATINUM TITLE INSURANCE POLICY premium from FIRST CANADIAN TITLE INS. (typically $150 to $349); all applicable title search disbursements and sheriff certificates (typically $195); municipal clearances (typically up to $235); Law Society levy ($50) and miscellaneous disbursements (typically $78)
Total flat fees and expenses : $ 1,099.00
Register Deed And One Mortgage: $ 141.00
Arrange PLATINUM Title Insurance : $ 100.00

Ontario Land Transfer Tax :
(qualified first time buyers can receive a refund up to $2,000.00 -see Land Transfer Tax Refund). $ 3,725.00

Toronto Land Transfer Tax (qualified first time buyers receive a refund up to $3,725.00.) : $ 3,225.00

NOTE: This quotation assumes no reasonably unforeseen complications arising . Expenses may be subject to governmental cost changes. G.S.T. is to be added (as well as cost of condo status certificate) if applicable, as well as courier costs. Fees quoted are binding for services beginning within 30 days.

thanks guys! makes me feel a bit more comfortable in pursuing this lawyer

Back