8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I realized those paper bags were useless when I came home from the LCBO only to have my bottle of red wine go right through the bag and smash on the floor. Since then I always bring a sturdy reusable bag.
The main utility of them for me is to protect my bottles from each other. I often have a reusable bag on me, but I don't plan ahead to bring several just because I'm grabbing booze. Also, I'm always taking one less than the number of bottles I have cause one can just sit outside of paper.

The trick is to drink it on your way home.

Heathen!

🤣

Red wine should be served in the correct glass, with a wide bowl, allowing the nose to percolate up and tempt the pallet. It should be served at the correct temperature and with the appropriate food pairing.

I am not bringing a portable table, cutlery, wine glass, plate, cooktop, ice pack and futzing to get good plating in the middle of the sidewalk on Bloor or the subway!

To be clear, I disagree w/this guy:

Red wine should be served in the correct glass, with a wide bowl, allowing the nose to percolate up and tempt the pallet.
d946db8ac4fbcf1df7158f7a8bc77806.jpg

I agree.

Gdansk Spirytus 76 is the way to go! I find it too weak for my tastes though.
Wasn't there a time you could get pure alcohol, or something very close to it from the LCBO? I'm guessing intended uses were for in cooking or baking by restaurants.

Last edited:

Back