News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It makes sense development with more density would eventually occur in the area closest to campus and close to the main road.

In my opinion, the idea that one's inner-city neighbourhood isn't supposed to densify or change in any substantial way is antiquated and needs to go.

Like you guys have pointed out, the areas surrounding the U of A have so much potential demand for housing, businesses, etc., and the fact that this only now is being tapped into is wild to me. I can sympathize with people who live around these new projects and I understand that these changes are foreign to many, since for decades natural increases in density and services have been stifled by archaic planning practices. In some ways I feel for them in that regard.

With that said, I fully support projects like Windsor Terrace and this one. I'd go as far to argue that, if someone is so change-averse that they hate the idea of anything that isn't a single family home being built in their neighbourhood, a big growing city like Edmonton may not be the best place for them to live.

Last edited:
IMG_1858.png

So Westrich wants to build ANOTHER building in the area? Apparently 3 buildings are already approved for the area…..

Curious to know what the “11 storey” building is all about….
Windsor terrace that just finished?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some people are selling to get out before a big apartment gets built next to them. In some ways it helps for land assembly. I’d imagine the premium for lots with newer/big homes next to them will go up now for those wanting assurance that stuff won’t change.

Will be good to see this western edge of the Uni densify a bit. The Square 1 in the new WT building will surely be a hit for locals. Hopefully that makes them appreciate some of the perks of density 🙂

Back