News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Only the hard ideological ones that depend on union support to be elected won't work with Ford (because they'll be out of a job) that's why I pointed them out.
Why do you think that they wouldn't play well with others? Even if they don't play well with Ford, why would they not play well with others? You've not provided anything to support this postion.

Further, why do you think they would be out of a job if they don't work with Ford? Even if they were, that would be another 4 years, and given how little Ford got for mayor in their wards, I don't see that would endanger their jobs.

No, I'm sure Ford's record for passing items will not nearly be as one sided as Miller, but he'll also have a lot of support from the majority of councillors. And even some that don't support him, will be abstaining from voting in certain items (like vehicle registration).

And for Vaughan, he will not be as 'one sided' as you think, reason: Vaughan is going to try to stay away from being painted as being grouped with the NDP brigade (even though he pretty much sold his soul to them in the last election) to give himself a chance to become Mayor in 2014.

Cutting the two taxes is rediculous if you don't look at cutting spending. I'm talking about branches of the administration and the 'directors' and 'upper management' the city has taken on, that is the real 'gravy' train.

Last edited:
The ones that have had their salaries frozen and have had to cut 5% in expenses? Some gravy train.

Cutting the two taxes is entirely ridiculous if you don't look at cutting services. The only person who seems to believe otherwise is our new mayor, who has promised that he won't have to cut anything.

(The vehicle registration tax is a red herring. Easy to cut because it's only equal to a small property tax increase. People will still pay their extra $60 a year.)

The ones that have had their salaries frozen and have had to cut 5% in expenses? Some gravy train.

Cutting the two taxes is entirely ridiculous if you don't look at cutting services. The only person who seems to believe otherwise is our new mayor, who has promised that he won't have to cut anything.

(The vehicle registration tax is a red herring. Easy to cut because it's only equal to a small property tax increase. People will still pay their extra $60 a year.)

agreed, it's compeltely pointless.. i would have rather it be diverted to a dedicated capital fund of building underground parking lots with public spaces above them (not into the general slush fund.)

Fiscally responsible doesn't mean cutting, it means managing your finances and balancing the needs vs the revenue streams.

will see what happens, Talks of Tory being involved, so perhaps Fordy isn't as radically right as some people think!

it was easy when you do it under the direction of a really left Mayor..

"really left mayor" - really?

Fiscally responsible doesn't mean cutting, it means managing your finances and balancing the needs vs the revenue streams.

Congratulations, you have mastered political spin - just how does "balancing the needs vs revenue streams" not equate to "cutting"?

AoD

Last edited:
agreed, it's compeltely pointless.. i would have rather it be diverted to a dedicated capital fund of building underground parking lots with public spaces above them (not into the general slush fund.)

will see what happens, Talks of Tory being involved, so perhaps Fordy isn't as radically right as some people think!

There are no talks of Tory being involved. He made the same offer the chair of the Toronto City Summit Alliance has always made to the mayor of Toronto - to be available to give advice and help out in an unofficial, unpaid capacity.

And, yeah, the city balances its budget every year so if not cutting then what?

Oh, the horror. Salaries frozen and had to cut expenses. They would never treat people like this in the private sector when the company is spending more than it is taking in. :D

47% of the voters seems to believe otherwise.

"really left mayor" - really?

Congratulations, you have mastered political spin - just how does "balancing the needs vs revenue streams" not equate to "cutting"?

AoD

By doing things more efficiently? Cutting spending does not equal to cut services. Every private company knows that and that's why worker productivity improves year over year. Of course, personally I think we should cut plenty of services. Like social housing for example? :)

Miller receives praise from Marcus Gee -- I never saw that coming!
He clearly is having to recalibrate so that he can go on and on for the next 4 years on how Ford is worse than any other mayor in living history. He'll be praising Lastman next week.

Sometimes I think everyone in life should be forced to live with a very limited budget for a certain period of time. The simple fact is, there's a very fine line between success and failure.
Let me ask you... Have you lived in such housing before? Cuz I have. During that period, I in some ways did appreciate more some of the benefits that it provided. But then sometimes I just felt like smacking some people I came across upside the head. They're forced to live there yet are ordering pizzas or going out to eat at a fast food restaurant several times a week, buying $400 VHS (or DVD) players, and buying smokes all the time? Then they complain they're short on cash? WTF?!?

Last edited:

Back