News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

you can't buy dollies like this in hollywood.

I actually did Eglinton to King but that's too long for Youtube. The one thing that really got to me was the above ground portions. A couple of tracks and seemingly not much more. Felt like you could be out in the country compared to the massive amount of infrastructure in the tunnels themselves.

i recently moved to seoul from toronto, and have been using the metro system here extensively. watching this really made me realize how much of an 'immature' system toronto really has. it just made me frustrated at how far my hometown really has to go in terms of city-building.
i'm not saying this to bash toronto or anything, the difference just caught me off guard, that's all.

E7: Good video - I noticed how overgrown and the foliage unkempt in the open-air sections of the Yonge line-I recall how well-kept and landscaped that they were in the past and that the TTC kept the track areas neatly ballasted and the direct fixation slab tracks clean of debris.
I took note in my rides on that line how some of it was developed above using "air rights" also-very valuable Toronto real estate.

The light poles are also still intact over the outdoor sections-some do not realize that TTC Subway cars only have had headlights since sometime in the 80s-I recall a story that they were added following an accident involving track workers.
It explains the low slung headlights on older model cars.

LI MIKE

Back