News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Construction has started.

2F4VNJ4

Only 6 months late. Any bets on how late completion will be? The other new pedestrian bridge in the area is now 2 years late and counting..

The one east of Strachan that was approved when Miller was mayor? I think it may be more than 2 years now ...
Ford killed funding and it got completely redesigned. Still, when it initially started construction, it had a "summer 2017" completion date.. Here we are, November 2018, and it looks like it won't open until the spring still.

^ It's been like that for awhile. I think @crs1026 has a better sense of what's happening. It relates to the 4th track for the Kitchener Line, the additional second track for the Milton Line and I think the additional track for the Barrie Line. Also, in the Procurement List (details here):

4th Track Construction - Strachan to Nickle Over $1M Construction Services

^It's puzzling/maddening how little bits of the track gradually get filled in, bit by bit.

AFAIK only the four bottom (westmost) tracks are currently in service - one for Milton and three for UPE/Kitchener/Barrie. The top two will eventually be for Barrie, the next four will be Weston/Kitchener/UPE, and there will eventually be one or two new tracks for the Milton line.

I don't believe there are any contracts let for either Kitchener or Barrie in this zone - some are at the RFP stage - but they may be doing some of the work under the scope of other programs eg USRC.

- Paul

^It's puzzling/maddening how little bits of the track gradually get filled in, bit by bit.

AFAIK only the four bottom (westmost) tracks are currently in service - one for Milton and three for UPE/Kitchener/Barrie. The top two will eventually be for Barrie, the next four will be Weston/Kitchener/UPE, and there will eventually be one or two new tracks for the Milton line.

I don't believe there are any contracts let for either Kitchener or Barrie in this zone - some are at the RFP stage - but they may be doing some of the work under the scope of other programs eg USRC.

- Paul
Actually, it’s amazing to see these pics. Eight tracks is a lot of capacity. Can’t wait to see trains running on all eight, all day.

Last edited:

Back