News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

>> there will be a demographic transition from what is there now to a more stable one.
It can only transition to seniors and DINKs. There is just no room for children.

Don't want to seem down on the neighbourhood - its a great example of how enlightened urban planning policy can revitalize an area. But like Vegas, its an adult playground.

Everyone loves Vegas.

Can anyone tell me what the commute is like from Liberty Village to Bay Street (Bay & Queen, Bay & King or Bay & Dundas) during morning rush, around 8am? Is it typical to wait on 5 or 6 street cars to pass before being able to get onto one, to head east towards bay? Is there a real transportation bottle neck?

The King car is a nightmare. Busiest route there is.

Let's say you were to head to Yonge & Bloor from Liberty Village or vice versa. Would you take the King streetcar to Yonge, then take the subway up Yonge? Or would you take the Dufferin bus up to Bloor and take that across?

It's too bad Liberty Village is so difficult to get to & away from. There are a lot of companies with offices in LV.

Can anyone tell me what the commute is like from Liberty Village to Bay Street (Bay & Queen, Bay & King or Bay & Dundas) during morning rush, around 8am? Is it typical to wait on 5 or 6 street cars to pass before being able to get onto one, to head east towards bay? Is there a real transportation bottle neck?

Yep. It's a nightmare.

It's really not as bad as people are saying above. My roommate takes the streetcar to King/Spadina in the morning and it takes him about 15 minutes. There will soon be a GO co-fare that will allow you to take the GO train from Exhibition Station, to Union, and then transfer to the TTC for free. Should be less than the normal GO fare but a bit more than TTC fare. Hopefully up and running this year at some point with Liberty Village being the trial for this rolling out to more stations in the future. You will never have to wait for 5 or 6 streetcars to pass by. You can usually grab the first one, sometimes the second. I don't think I have ever had to wait for 3.

Let's say you were to head to Yonge & Bloor from Liberty Village or vice versa. Would you take the King streetcar to Yonge, then take the subway up Yonge? Or would you take the Dufferin bus up to Bloor and take that across?

It's too bad Liberty Village is so difficult to get to & away from. There are a lot of companies with offices in LV.

If you are leaving fairly early, the Dufferin Bus takes about 5-7 minutes to get to Bloor from King. I'd suggest Dufferin to Bloor. (If you will be close to Dufferin)

It's really not as bad as people are saying above. My roommate takes the streetcar to King/Spadina in the morning and it takes him about 15 minutes. There will soon be a GO co-fare that will allow you to take the GO train from Exhibition Station, to Union, and then transfer to the TTC for free. Should be less than the normal GO fare but a bit more than TTC fare. Hopefully up and running this year at some point with Liberty Village being the trial for this rolling out to more stations in the future. You will never have to wait for 5 or 6 streetcars to pass by. You can usually grab the first one, sometimes the second. I don't think I have ever had to wait for 3.

Interesting. When you go to Ex GO station, can you enter from the north side of the tracks, or do people who live in LV have to walk to Dufferin or Strachan and go around the tracks to get to the south side where the Ex is? I guess I'm asking, how difficult is it to get to the station?

I wonder if LV residents could take the UP Express trains, assuming fares are reasonable, since they will be leaving every 15 min. If they can't since the UPX doesn't stop there, then they would only be able to catch the GO trains at certain times in the morning right?

Interesting. When you go to Ex GO station, can you enter from the north side of the tracks, or do people who live in LV have to walk to Dufferin or Strachan and go around the tracks to get to the south side where the Ex is? I guess I'm asking, how difficult is it to get to the station?

I wonder if LV residents could take the UP Express trains, assuming fares are reasonable, since they will be leaving every 15 min. If they can't since the UPX doesn't stop there, then they would only be able to catch the GO trains at certain times in the morning right?

There is a tunnel that goes under the tracks that you can access from Atlantic Avenue. The UP Express will not be stopping in LV, so that wont be an option. GO has all day service every 30 minutes, and will soon be frequently stopping at Exhibition Station.

There is a tunnel that goes under the tracks that you can access from Atlantic Avenue. The UP Express will not be stopping in LV, so that wont be an option. GO has all day service every 30 minutes, and will soon be frequently stopping at Exhibition Station.

Thanks for the info. So when this fare integration roles out, do you think you'll switch to using GO, or keep using the streetcar?

How soon is this Go co-fare expected to happen?

People around my neighbourhood, Yonge & Eg, complain about missing trains at Eglinton station, but at least they're warm. It would be brutal waiting for the streetcar in today's weather eh?

Funding for the pedestrian bridge over the rail line, connecting Shaw from Douro, over to Western Battery was included in the budget that passed council last night. It was hidden in the budget, so it wouldn't be cut out as 'gravy'.

Good to see this connection going forward!

How soon is this Go co-fare expected to happen?

They're still working on it.

Also, new streetcars are being rolled out which have double the capacity of the existing ones so we'll see how that goes. There is also early talks going on with TTC and the city to start a bus route that goes east OUT of Liberty Village, along Wellington to Bathurst, Bathurst to front and then end at union station.

They are looking at that not only because of the density in Liberty Village but because of all the new condos going up at front and spadina as well.

Back