News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Any thoughts on the Brass Taps? No, not the Brass Rail.

Along Carlton near where Erst Zundel used to live there are at least one or two restaurants in the basement of row buildings. I'm not sure how they stay in business.

:rolleyes: No, because they're rather hidden out of view. There was a Tapas place there for a while I believe.

I believe Zundel sold that place years ago, but it's still got the fortress-like windows, gates, etc. The mounts for the cameras are gone now. Apparently a bunch of university students live there now.

:rolleyes: No, because they're rather hidden out of view. There was a Tapas place there for a while I believe.

I believe Zundel sold that place years ago, but it's still got the fortress-like windows, gates, etc. The mounts for the cameras are gone now. Apparently a bunch of university students live there now.

I think one is called Piccolo's? I heard it's decent, which was more than I was expecting...

I can't fathom how any of those establishments on Carlton (East of Sherbourne) survive.

Any thoughts on the Brass Taps? No, not the Brass Rail.
Haven't frequeneted their Cabbagetown location, but their west-end one is alright. Great variety of yummy pizzas, but that's pretty much the only unique thing about what is otherwise a slightly better version of the Gabby's chain.

BTW, I've been to the Brass Rail twice!

Yeah, Jillys. The best half-rounds on Broadview
riv-little-crh.jpg
riv-little-crh.jpg

Come on now. With all that plastic and silicone, those Brass Rail chix might as well be tranny.

Ever see recent pics of Jenna Jameson?

All former Montrealers that set up here came to make a buck. I just didn't realize that they were predominant in one particular field.

Back