News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Rather than a new loading door on Wood Street it appears they are fixing the crack the runs almost the full height of the building at this point. The crack has been there for years and there is a similar one near the east corner on Wood. The silver rectangle near the top of the crack appears to be monitoring any movement. I'm amazed this building stays upright considering it size and that it's just a shell with only the walls holding up the roof. Reminds me of the Uptown demolition. It's scary.

^^ It's quite possible pearpenguin, it's hard to tell at this point but the new loading door is going in near this general area.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 254287 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Sep 14, 2010

Project: Other Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal to create new opening in north wall (Wood St) for loading purposes. Maple Leaf Gardens. See active BLD permits.

Thanks for the info androiduk. They certainly need more ways to load the place with groceries. Alas no Blades of Glory at this location this season.

I can't wait for this to be finished, and for strictly practical reasons: a bigger grocery store. Today I had to walk to 3 different stores before I could find all the exotic ingredients needed for my dinner: sauerkraut, ham and potatoes. (And even then I didn't like the ham on offer and settled for brats.) But I also got a package of tempeh, which seems to be much easier to find.

Other that than, I don't care at all for the building, and when I used to live across the street I wished openly for a charitable company to come and implode it, but sadly it never happened. I'm just glad it is being used, and not left there as a ruin like John Sewell once suggested.

Back