There's still some decent views to be had in the east tower if you're on the upper floors though.

I checked out the last remaining 1 bedroom being sold by the developer... definitely a great building! However, it's true you'll want to be on the upper floors. This particular unit's east view was of the rooftop of the Spaghetti Factory and other neighbouring rooftops... not pleasant at all.

If you have a good floor plan and a decent view then I don't think you can go wrong with LOTE.

I'm having the same problem with my fan - so loud that it wakes me up at night. I have complained 4-5 times (by phone and email) but no one has responded. Very frustrating. Will be complaining to anyone who will listen on Monday night.

Anyone involved in a bidding war for a condo is gonna lose.... Wait 9 months...this baby's gonna burst.

Hmmm. Hang on.
Wern't you saying somthing like that last year,..and the year before..,and the year before..
Ah well..
Hang in there! One day you might be right, and then you can tell everyone you saw that coming.;)

Sally7, please send me a direct message with your name and suite number and i will look into this.

yyz, please send me a direct message with your friend's name and suite number and we will investigate these issues.

Hello all! I am looking to rent a unit on London on the esplanade (visiting tonight).
Anyone can tell me if the Gym is finally finished and functional?

Thanks!

Nope... it's not finished yet. Workers are still putting finishing touches on the 2nd floor. I'd bet on three months before there was a functional gym.

Hello all! I am looking to rent a unit on London on the esplanade (visiting tonight).
Anyone can tell me if the Gym is finally finished and functional?

Thanks!

I think you can use the gym at the Novotel hotel for the time being for 1 month.

Thanks Zeeden... If you were offered a unit on the second floor, facing east, furnished all inclusive for $2100, would you think it is a good deal?
I am debating right now having seen some posts that best east units are on upper floors because lower floors end up being noisy and practically on the roof of the Spaghetti factory?
Any thoughts on that.

Much appreciated
CD

Have you seen the unit? I'm pretty sure your balcony is the same level as the spaghetti factory and they use frosted glass between your balcony and the factory.
This is a loft space? How many sq ft?

You will have no view but still get decent light.

Noise is mostly noisy bar goers shouting woo hoo at whatever time they come out. Closed windows cut most of that noise out on my floor. The angle of that suite should cut some of the noise as well.

Thanks Zeeden... If you were offered a unit on the second floor, facing east, furnished all inclusive for $2100, would you think it is a good deal?
I am debating right now having seen some posts that best east units are on upper floors because lower floors end up being noisy and practically on the roof of the Spaghetti factory?
Any thoughts on that.

Much appreciated
CD

Yea get us some details, square footage, # of bedrooms, den, parking or locker? What unit number is it?

But yes you will be right above the spahgetti factory.

Thanks. One Bed room + Den for a 665 Sq ft total (an a balcony). I have not seen it, but it's priced at $2100 furnished all in.
I like the neighborhood but amenities like gym not being opened yet is a turn off for me.
I have found awesome places at Soho and on Queens quay furnished all in for less than $2000
But I prefer the St Lawrence mkt area...

Okay I know which unit you are talking about. Since you're facing east, your floorplan will be this: http://www.londoncondos.ca/flash/floorplans/floorplans2/1b-de.pdf

It is not the greatest floorplan, but its not bad. I actually have the same unit on a higher floor.

You won't be paying for the view so I guess you'll be paying for the great area and building. The KEG is moving downstairs this spring correct me if i'm wrong. If you haven't been in the building yet, I encourage you to go see the unit. This building is in very high demand so you will be paying a premium to live in here.

I think you should negotiate $1900. Looking on MLS you can fin a 2 br for $1900 a month and it also comes with parking on a the 27th floor. You can possibly rent the parking space if you don't need it for at least $150. You could possibly save $3000-4000 and furnish the place yourself and you also get to keep the furniture.

Last edited:
Thanks Zeeden!
I can totally appreciate that it is a nice building and amazing hood.
But since I am there for 2 - 3 months, I am also looking for practical which this place offers, but the gym not opened is a bummer.

But thanks again for taking the time to reply. I appreciate very much.

Regards

Okay I know which unit you are talking about. Since you're facing east, your floorplan will be this: http://www.londoncondos.ca/flash/floorplans/floorplans2/1b-de.pdf

It is not the greatest floorplan, but its not bad. I actually have the same unit on a higher floor.

You won't be paying for the view so I guess you'll be paying for the great area and building. The KEG is moving downstairs this spring correct me if i'm wrong. If you haven't been in the building yet, I encourage you to go see the unit. This building is in very high demand so you will be paying a premium to live in here.

I think you should negotiate $1900. Looking on MLS you can fin a 2 br for $1900 a month and it also comes with parking on a the 27th floor. You can possibly rent the parking space if you don't need it for at least $150. You could possibly save $3000-4000 and furnish the place yourself and you also get to keep the furniture.

i don't think that's the floorplan .... cdion said the unit is on the 2nd floor and the pdf says they start on 3rd floor.

i thought i heard construction was still occurring within the buildings and since the gym is still not completed, i don't think you should be paying more than $1800 for a furnished suite on such a low floor ...

what makes this building so much more desirable than any others?
and if it happens to be the floorplan of the unit you posted, it's okay but for the same SF i prefer units across the hall (14/15, 28/29, 11/12)

Back