News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The other one at this time is at Eglinton Square in Toronto, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them eventually convert the HBC store at Sunridge Mall in Calgary.

In some ways this is the Bay going back to its roots. It drifted to being a more high end retailer after Eatons and several other department stores disappeared.

However, high end which can be profitable, is also competitive and places like the Bay are really not set up to provide the level of service to go with a more upscale model.

Service Canada is taking over what was once a Japanese store

20240204_123913.jpg

I don't think they regret it, there are no other malls for miles and only one dept store nearby that isn't much competition.

I just wish they would also open something downtown. Now its also an area with not much nearby and actually no dept stores.

That's good. It just seems like such an odd fit for them. I know why they haven't gone to Southgate or Kingsway but the environment at those malls better suits them. It feels like Simons is the one major tether Londonderry has to relevancy. Yes it has other things but it's the only thing really drawing people from beyond the immediate vicinity.

Most malls in the city mainly draw people from the vicinity, with perhaps the exception of West Ed which draws a lot of out of town traffic and some people from other parts of the city.

That's good. It just seems like such an odd fit for them. I know why they haven't gone to Southgate or Kingsway but the environment at those malls better suits them. It feels like Simons is the one major tether Londonderry has to relevancy. Yes it has other things but it's the only thing really drawing people from beyond the immediate vicinity.

I think I heard previously that the reason they chose Londonderry for a second location was because they had a clause in their lease at WEM that they wouldn’t open a store at Southgate or Kingsway for X amount of years.

I think I heard previously that the reason they chose Londonderry for a second location was because they had a clause in their lease at WEM that they wouldn’t open a store at Southgate or Kingsway for X amount of years.
I know, that's why I said I know why
(but good to share for those who don't know)

The Body Shop Canada said it is immediately commencing liquidation sales at the following 33 closing stores:
  • Bayview Village (Toronto)
  • Lawson Heights (Saskatoon)
  • Rideau Centre (Ottawa)
  • Carlingwood Mall (Ottawa)
  • Lloyd Mall (Lloydminster)
  • Semiahmoo (White Rock)
  • Cataraqui Town Centre (Kingston)
  • Londonderry Mall (Edmonton)
  • Shoppers Mall (Brandon)
  • Champlain Place (Dieppe)
  • Lynden Park Mall (Brantford)
  • Stone Road Mall (Guelph)