It's hard to think of any city department or service run so well that they really shouldn't rock the boat. Perhaps the Toronto Public Library?

Library would top my list.

But there are others that do respectably well.

The Waterfront Secretariat, Public Health and Green P (even if they do undercharge for parking), all consistently deliver their mandates pretty well relative to budgetary allocations.

I've also said that, and will stick by having an enthusiasm for the Cycling/Pedestrian Unit; there are multiple good staff who are really trying hard to better the City, when you see set backs and delays, more often than not
this is for reasons beyond the control of said unit.

That does leave a host of other business units in this City whose performance ranges from 'just good enough' to utterly abysmal.

I've been by a few times now - I see myself in the background of the most recently posted pics ;) - and it's clear people have really taken to this park. The seating is comfortable and plentiful, people really like to sit with their feet in the water, and the animal sculptures are quite popular. Hopefully park staff hose down the mosaic every so often though because I watched quite a few dogs lift their legs for a pee. The park also lacks shade atm, so it will be nice once the trees and wisteria grow.

I've been by a few times now - I see myself in the background of the most recently posted pics ;) -

Ok, Waldo, LOL; its not a fair guessing game w/o a clue. Can we have the shirt colour? LOL

and it's clear people have really taken to this park. The seating is comfortable and plentiful, people really like to sit with their feet in the water, and the animal sculptures are quite popular. Hopefully park staff hose down the mosaic every so often though because I watched quite a few dogs lift their legs for a pee. The park also lacks shade atm, so it will be nice once the trees and wisteria grow.

Agreed.

UT's own @AlexBozikovic has an excellent new piece on Love Park up today.

There's not a single wrong note in it. It gives this park a proper and loving review, heaps rightly-earned praise on Claude Cormier, gives a clear sense of why he executes so well; and notes the one and only failing here,
one that is not Cormier's fault.

I'll bring one paragraph forward, but encourage everyone to follow the link and read the whole piece.

1688653239328.png

Last edited:

Back