It’s looking great, I just get a sense of not having enough trees to frame the pond. Berczy park aside from the fountain is so nice because of all the trees. Maybe not all the trees have been planted? I don’t feel the park will be as inviting if it doesn’t have enough trees. We shall wait and see.

I'm not sure wisteria can grow in our area...as I've never seen it outside in anyone's gardens save for one fake version of it. /sigh

Edit: I guess that answers my understanding of this (or lack there of) from below... 😸

Last edited:
I hope it's something dense and thick like wisteria. Imagine when they're in bloom

fcb615706ead03fc655780a09c67393c.jpg

wisteria.jpg

From the last WT DRP presentation on the Park back in 2019:

1681431675155.png

Unless the plans have changed, you are getting white Wisteria.

AoD

...I guess that would make difficult for some rube to stand in it with their dog for the selfie high five.

Are you sure? It seems quite unfit for a ice rink. there is no proper Zamboni entrance, and the rock bed is not the best surface for ice to freeze on. It would be a cool place to go skating, if this is true I might have to go check it out next winter.

Are you sure? It seems quite unfit for a ice rink. there is no proper Zamboni entrance, and the rock bed is not the best surface for ice to freeze on. It would be a cool place to go skating, if this is true I might have to go check it out next winter.

1682360321537.png

It certainly seems to have been in the plans.

From Waterfront TO (after it was announced we are losing the Natrel Rink at Harbourfront):
"Serious consideration was given about a skating rink in the pond during our consultations with the Stakeholder Advisory Committee for Love Park. However, it was determined that it would not be feasible to maintain a rink in the pond without negatively impacting the overall functionality of the park and the pond."

Back