Love the little critters throughtout the park. I see what people were saying before about having a different ground material in the pond. It does look somewhat bland right now. But it's a nitpick really!
I think some reflective colour (some golds, pinks, red) in pond base would have been a fantastic aesthetic. It’s such a large area, you can’t help focusing on it. It’s just. good looking & refreshing park in city. Good to see. Waiting on the vines. Love it.

The city needs lots of little parks like this have the BIA maintain it

I'm all for engaging people in the state of the public realm, but I would also advise some caution.

The problem in this model in the propensity towards overtly two-tiered levels of care/service in parks.

Now, as I've explained elsewhere, that already ready exists in some measure...........

But how much variation do we want to foster? Where a well monied community gets a great park and low-income area gets a neglected one........

In general, we need greater funding of Parks, but also greater responsibility/accountability.

Sorry, this may have been covered already and this question will end up being a lazy one - but where is the suspended glowing heart? Is it there but just not captured in the photos shared so far?
rendering-2.png

Sorry, this may have been covered already and this question will end up being a lazy one - but where is the suspended glowing heart? Is it there but just not captured in the photos shared so far?
rendering-2.png
It is not there and there has never been a confirmation if it will be included or not.

Worth every penny. A great job to all involved.
The tree island is awesome.
IMG_5177.jpeg

The stones seems to be far enough out and rough enough to keep the amateur skateboarders away. I’m sure a few will try to jump this but should move on.
IMG_5200.jpeg

Not ready for the dogs just yet Lola.
IMG_5168.jpeg

Very cool, smooth, non latching gates. When inside the enclosed entrance, both gates open out. The artificial grass was dog approved. Lots of nice benches for the owners.
IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5167.jpeg

The only thing that rattles are these two signs. Imagine that.
It probably ends up in the same place. Remove the tacky signs.
IMG_5230.jpeg

I would support a very small fence to reduce the dogs in a few of the grass islands. Dog free island.
IMG_5202.jpeg

Lots of seating, lot of space, great views.
It should be big a hit for locals, 9-5ers and tourists. Edit: and maybe the late crowd and overnight crowd too.

Last edited:
I wish we can set up a fund - and solicit donations from visitors for further upgrades (full granite paving; floating heart) and maintenance needs.

AoD

Suggest the idea to WT; seriously. I think they might be open to testing the notion to see what it attracted; if it doesn't work out, it's a one-off, they still raise a bit of money towards what you outlined, if it takes off, you can be sure we would see more of it.

A variation on that theme would be perhaps be WT setting up a Waterfront Parks Conservancy, the City would retain a great deal of control, as with Central Park in NYC, but an independent board would set priorities, fundraise and hire staff for 'enhanced services'.

Another thought would be to get a philanthropist willing to do 'matching donations'. If someone stepped up and said I'll match public donations dollar for dollar up to 5M that might be an interesting driver of donations.

Last edited:

Back