I'm in love! 😍 What a great addition to the neighbourhood. Tons of really nice seating! It's so nice to have this hang-out space down here! I like it a lot!
All photos mine.

love park 2 - copyright - thelandofdustin.jpg

love park 6 - copyright - thelandofdustin.jpg

love park 5 - copyright - thelandofdustin.jpg

love park 3 - copyright - thelandofdustin.jpg

love park 4 - copyright - thelandofdustin.jpg

love park 1 - copyright - thelandofdustin.jpg

Video:

I think we need to cover the rest of the pond with river stones - the lightness of the bare concrete looks rather distracting. Maybe we can have a "buy a stone" project for the park.

AoD
I'm no expert, and I'm sure @Northern Light would be able to confirm this or not, but I would think the bare concrete will soon be covered in green algae and other growing pond "stuff" that I don't know the correct terms for, which would dampen that bare appearance?

I'm no expert, and I'm sure @Northern Light would be able to confirm this or not, but I would think the bare concrete will soon be covered in green algae and other growing pond "stuff" that I don't know the correct terms for, which would dampen that bare appearance?

Biofilm, though that's not necessarily my idea of "nice".

AoD

I don't know what their intent is, in that regard, but if the water is filtered with ozone, as I understand to be the case, I think Algae growth is probably going to be quite limited. Algae thrives on high levels of phosphorous, nitrogen and other nutrients which won't be present in this water.

Those nutrients might enter through bird excrement, but if filtered out........wouldn't likely make much difference.

Ozone-based filtration normally minimizes algae-growth by ~95%

But there still might be enough residual growth to gently tint the pavement, I don't know.

Last edited:
Love Park saw 3 first things today and only a day old.

The first sail boat hit the waters thanks to Chris. Great going and looking to see the next sail.

The first wedding took place under the rain.

The first 2 people to walk in the pool that I have seen so far and was told someone did it yesterday,

When I saw the photos of the stones yesterday, not going to stop people at all and needed to see first hand before commenting on it. Even if you fully stone it, not going to stop anyone and was confirmed today by Waterfront Toronto.

Someone else was there to try sailing, but the water needs to be another foot deep to do.

Waterfront Toronto and the city of Toronto working on a plan to have boats there for the kid, but need to be on a string as it took a long time before Chris could retrieve it.

Nothing but positive feed back with one person calling for flowers which is not a bad idea if TO could maintain them.

The leash park saw a lot of happy dogs running around it as well meeting new friends.

Ran into a number of the main pushers for this park going back to 2003 and were please that day arrive.

More when I upload the photos by Sat,

Waterfront Toronto and the city of Toronto working on a plan to have boats there for the kid, but need to be on a string as it took a long time before Chris could retrieve it.

That's an excellent move. Since the Love Park is obviously going to be a hit with lovers as well, we might as well milk that opportunity; sell paving stones with initials lasered in and give them the opportunity to be a permanent part of the park; maybe larger donors can be recognized by having their names on stainless steel cladding for the mechanical room?

AoD

I think we need to cover the rest of the pond with river stones - the lightness of the bare concrete looks rather distracting. Maybe we can have a "buy a stone" project for the park.

AoD
This'd be a great idea! For couples who met at the park, want to commemorate being there, someone who has something or something they love - or have loved - they want to announce, engagements, etc....it could work! Nifty idea.

June 23
This is the best park that I have work on, with the best one yet to come in 2 years.

Was running an hour late along with pour light and rain, I didn't get the shots I was hoping for, but will do that next week now it open.

One has to look at what the site look like 10 years ago as well 5 years to see the huge change not only the site, but the area. Having a person jump in as I was shooting and bumping me who wasn't connected to the wedding in the first place as I was shooting, didn't get any good shots of the first wedding. Not the first time I ran to this type of people who give no consideration someone else was there first to get their shot.

There is some concern over the table and chair been lock up at night as well been place in the morning. They are to be wired and lock at night together at this time in place being store off site. The tables and chairs all have tracking devices on them.

One thing I was hearing, most didn't know the pond was shape of a heart nor the south end was the tip. Goes back to my recommendation of having an aerial shot of the park with the locations of everything in it on a small map at the four corners. Some didn't know about the Artwork Sculptures. Again, everyone was impress with the local saying its will be great for the area.

I can see someone taking that chipmunk over time and doing some damage to the tiles, as a few people try pulling it off. I thought I knew where all the Artwork Sculpture was, but the Blue Jay was hard to see with the poor lighting and took me a well to find it.

All the photos are up on the site now and here a few of them.
52997572228_217983ce6b_b.jpg

52997251039_f0dbc6170a_b.jpg

52997472065_a0b57855c1_b.jpg

52997106951_d587acf706_b.jpg

52996502192_1511c1255d_b.jpg

52997572628_440dcc518c_b.jpg

The sail boat leaving dock
52997107071_b0fec1f98b_b.jpg

52996502262_7c7bf2678e_b.jpg

52997472875_4ee11abaec_b.jpg

Back