As it should
It's a mess and an expensive item from taxpayers money
Should have been left with the existing mature shady trees without the dirty pond
Which taxpayers will continue to pay for during its lifetime

Funny how a little technical issue lead to such much hate for a park that had received so much public kudos already. Are you saying these things because the lack of growing pains undermines your own dislike for it?

AoD

Funny how a little technical issue lead to such much hate for a park that had received so much public kudos already. Are you saying these things because the lack of growing pains undermines your own dislike for it?

AoD
Agreed the very few loud ppl should not speak for the large quiet many who appreciate. It must be tiresome to always compalin and look for the bad. I am sure they refuse to write anything complimentary.

Agreed the very few loud ppl should not speak for the large quiet many who appreciate. It must be tiresome to always compalin and look for the bad. I am sure they refuse to write anything complimentary.
This area was hardly ever used other than as a shortcut. Now it’s full of people enjoying it. I don’t understand what people are complaining about.

AoD
Most the 'man on the street' interviews sounded like they weren't all that annoyed by the state of the pond, despite the media framing.

Hosting a visitor from the UK last week...down town tour...hey come have a look at our newest park. Never mind the cesspool. Many people were laughing at the green puke in the red fountain. What an embarrassment for the city right at the peak of the summer tourist season.

Hosting a visitor from the UK last week...down town tour...hey come have a look at our newest park. Never mind the cesspool. Many people were laughing at the green puke in the red fountain. What an embarrassment for the city right at the peak of the summer tourist season.
If the view of Love Park was the determining factor of the success of your city tour, you're not doing a very good job as host.

Maybe you guys should stay home and have some tea?

Meanwhile, the rest of us will appreciate this park and the surrounding city despite its faults and mishaps...because you know, things don't need to be perfect to be positively experienced. /shrug

We should be embarrassed - though in context, this is likely only a transient issue; there is so much else we need to be embarrassed about in terms of public realm.

Don't forget - shame is a precondition of embarrassment - it requires a recognition of an undesirable condition to begin with. I suspect that recognition is limited, and shamelessnness is a common attitude.

AoD

We should be embarrassed - though in context, this is likely only a transient issue; there is so much else we need to be embarrassed about in terms of public realm.

Don't forget - shame is a precondition of embarrassment - it requires a recognition of an undesirable condition to begin with. I suspect that recognition is limited, and shamelessnness is a common attitude.

AoD
Yes...The City needs to be more proactive about certain things, versus the uninformed coming here to clutch pearls and gnash teeth when The City is actually doing something about the isue. The shaming should be more focused on the former and not on the latter here, IMO.

If the City cannot even keep the water in a tiny pond clean, what do you think they're doing with thousands of your tax dollars every year?

Back