Will all lockers be located right behind the parking space? Or is it only for those that got the premium parking?

The premium parking spaces (in the same building lot, close to elevators and integrated lockers) were $3000.

If you did not upgrade, your parking spot and locker will be in the Montage lot.

This is what I was told by the CP rep. Could have been a scare tactic to get you to upgrade? We need someone who did their PDI and do not buy the parking upgrade to confirm.

Thanks for the pics Majic....congratulations, overall a very nice suite with nice finishes. You are right, the floor colour should have been a shade or two darker to match the colour of the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Also that kitchen is nice but it is dying for a nice big island to finish off the overall look. The colour scheme throught the hallway and the lighting, elevators, parking, lobby with sitting area look very nice as well. Somehow with all the complaints I've heard about city place buildings on this forum, I was expecting a much shabbier product.

thanks! i want an island too but it's almost a choice of island vs a dining table.. i dunno.. we don't want it to be to cramped!

Hey,

I am not a condo suite expert but I think it looks very nice! I agree with the island for the kitchen but that can come in time if you wish. Can't wait for my PDI. :D May I ask you what the sq.footage is of your unit?

lol! thx.. the size is just over 900sq ft

Great pics Maj! I'm jealous how big your suite is! I'm a little disappointed that the bedroom closet door aren't made of transparent glass as it was shown in the demo suite. I also thought the flooring would be darker. The $3K parking upgrade was really worth it. :D

i want your balcony though!!! it's 4-5x larger.. :mad:

as for the closet doors - they ones in the model suite were just sheer fabric but they are definitely crap - you'll want to replace them

btw, do me a favour, can you please measure the screw holes on the kitchen and bathroom hardware (center to center of the hole)? the door handles are ok for me but wife hates them so they will need to be replaced

Will all lockers be located right behind the parking space? Or is it only for those that got the premium parking?

the locker / parking combo is a premium spot and it was 3K.. some lockers and parking spaces will be in a different building connected by some tunnel.. :confused: :eek:

can you check the hardware measurements; not sure whose PDI is sooner, yours or Red's.. thanks!

EDIT: I thought I pressed 'submit reply' but I guess I didn't and this didn't get posted last night.. oh well..

Congrat Majic, the place looks great! Can't believe you're so close now to finally moving in......I remember when you bought the place. Still driving the red MZ3 I see, nice!

The premium parking spaces (in the same building lot, close to elevators and integrated lockers) were $3000.

If you did not upgrade, your parking spot and locker will be in the Montage lot.

This is what I was told by the CP rep. Could have been a scare tactic to get you to upgrade? We need someone who did their PDI and do not buy the parking upgrade to confirm.

I think this would be news to the people living Montage. Are you sure about this?

I want to move into here... my condo is located in convenient location (webb dr.) yet it is crumbling slowly (+17 year old!) :mad:

Whats the complaint regarding CityPlace?
I heard that CHMC a high-rise is being proposed on top of existing 7-floor building, but apart from that complaint, I don't know...

Thanks for the pics Majic....congratulations, overall a very nice suite with nice finishes. You are right, the floor colour should have been a shade or two darker to match the colour of the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Also that kitchen is nice but it is dying for a nice big island to finish off the overall look. The colour scheme throught the hallway and the lighting, elevators, parking, lobby with sitting area look very nice as well. Somehow with all the complaints I've heard about city place buildings on this forum, I was expecting a much shabbier product.

I agree, suite looks great! I got the same colour scheme as you did, Majic. However, I wonder if the floor could be stained a darker colour? Would this require the top coat to be stripped prior to staining? I would ideally like the floors to be a couple shades darker to match the cabinetry.

Luna Parking

I think this would be news to the people living Montage. Are you sure about this?

Hi. New poster here. Thought I'd answer some questions I've seen on the forum.

Yep, I'm sure about the parking in the Montage. We did our PDI yesterday and did not upgrade to the premium parking. Our spot is on P2 of the Montage, which is connected to P2 of Luna via two doors and a very short hallway. Also, our storage locker (which isn't assigned yet) will be of the wire variety, not the closed in ones like the premium spots. Our inspector showed us the storage lockers, but of course, not the one assigned to us. They're a pretty good size.

All in all we were very pleased with what we saw yesterday. We picked the grey colour scheme and our floors are very dark brown. Apparently though, over 1/2 the building chose the red scheme.

Hi. New poster here. Thought I'd answer some questions I've seen on the forum.

Yep, I'm sure about the parking in the Montage. We did our PDI yesterday and did not upgrade to the premium parking. Our spot is on P2 of the Montage, which is connected to P2 of Luna via two doors and a very short hallway. Also, our storage locker (which isn't assigned yet) will be of the wire variety, not the closed in ones like the premium spots. Our inspector showed us the storage lockers, but of course, not the one assigned to us. They're a pretty good size.

All in all we were very pleased with what we saw yesterday. We picked the grey colour scheme and our floors are very dark brown. Apparently though, over 1/2 the building chose the red scheme.

Thanks for the info. Good to know that they didn't use the tactic of "Your parking space will be in Mississauga if you don't do this $3K upgrade".

I went for parking upgrade and also chose the red scheme. ;)

Floors

I agree, suite looks great! I got the same colour scheme as you did, Majic. However, I wonder if the floor could be stained a darker colour? Would this require the top coat to be stripped prior to staining? I would ideally like the floors to be a couple shades darker to match the cabinetry.

I wouldn't mind finding out about the floors as well, looking into staining them a darker colour. I find the current floor colour too light for my liking but had no choice about it. If it was up to me, I would have stayed with the red but picked the floor colour that came with the grey colour scheme.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind finding out about the floors as well, looking into staining them a darker colour. I find the current floor colour too light for my liking but had no choice about it. If it was up to me, I would have stayed with the red but picked the floor colour that came with the grey colour scheme.

Sorry, but you will not able to stain laminate flooring. One of the advantages of laminate flooring is it doesn't stain...at all. If it really bothers you, you will need to gut out the entire floor and install new flooring with the colour of your choice.

Is it worth it in my opinion? No way.

However, for those who will do, sell me your current flooring as I have a cottage to install flooring into.

Sorry, but you will not able to stain laminate flooring. One of the advantages of laminate flooring is it doesn't stain...at all. If it really bothers you, you will need to gut out the entire floor and install new flooring with the colour of your choice.

Is it worth it in my opinion? No way.

However, for those who will do, sell me your current flooring as I have a cottage to install flooring into.

In that case, I shall pass. It doesn't look THAT BAD. :) Nothing an area rug can't fix in certain places.

I'm a little confused with all this red and grey package talk......did they not allow you to choose what colours/finishes you want? It seems like all purchasers here are unhappy with the light coloured flooring. Why not just select a nice dark brown?

Concord restricts their upgrades into packages.

For my unit in Parade, I had 2 choices - 'standard' or 'urban'. I asked if I can upgrade the carpets, they said no. Either standard or urban.

Same deal for Discovery at Citypark. They had more choices though - 3 different colour schemes! Plus they can upgrade the appliances and the closet doors. That's it.

I'm a little confused with all this red and grey package talk......did they not allow you to choose what colours/finishes you want? It seems like all purchasers here are unhappy with the light coloured flooring. Why not just select a nice dark brown?

Think cookie cutter mentality.

You have a few colour schemes you can choose from. Concord does not allow you to mix and match. So while the laminate flooring on the "Green-Grey" package is darker, if you chose the "Red" package, you're stuck with the lighter flooring.

Here is the colour schemes for Luna.

img0824.jpg

Think cookie cutter mentality.

You have a few colour schemes you can choose from. Concord does not allow you to mix and match. So while the laminate flooring on the "Green-Grey" package is darker, if you chose the "Red" package, you're stuck with the lighter flooring.

Here is the colour schemes for Luna.

The flooring for the red scheme still looks a tad darker than in the pictures that were posted. Oh well, definitely not planning to shell out more money for floors!

Also, Majic mentioned that his master bedroom has a ceiling light that other suites, without the bedroom+den option, do not have. Can anyone verify this for other suites in Luna? I was hoping to install a pendant light fixture in my bedroom, but now I'm not sure if there is wiring in place to do that. Even if there is, I probably wouldn't be allowed to drill into the ceiling without permission by the builder right?

Back