News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

lxmoss

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello All,

Today was such a fabulous day that I figured it would be nice to go for a walk around the town and capture a few moments. I hope you enjoy the tour.

We start off leaving my home, Spire and head east.
tour1.jpg

Here is Vu. Under construction.
tour3.jpg

We then headed south down Jarvis st. and got a shot looking west towards the core. In the foreground is St. James Cathedral.
tour4.jpg

Heading down Jarvis street we found this old painted sign.
tour2.jpg

The Classic Toronto Postcard.
tour5.jpg

We then jay walked across lake shore and got a shot looking west of MLS, and Success, as well as a homeless person harassing motorists. Nothing says Toronto like panhandling on Lake shore boulevard.
tour6.jpg

Graffiti on the west side of Guvernment nightclub.
tour7.jpg

The new home of Corus! Hopefully they will be able to produce some decent Canadian programming.
tour8.jpg

We then start heading west and pass the sugar refinery.
tour9.jpg

In the foreground is property owned by the LCBO. You can see recently completed London on the Esplanade.
tour10.jpg

If phase III is Success than phase IV must be Failure
tour11.jpg

Heading south we reach the waterfront. The recently thawed waters of Lake Ontario are surprisingly green.
tour12.jpg

The swans were playing a friendly game of chicken with the water taxi.
tour13.jpg

Maple Leaf Square viewed from Queens Quay and York St.
tour14.jpg

RBC seen from the Queens Quay Terminal building.
tour15.jpg

Telus seen from Harbourfront Centre ice skating rink. Part of the rink was open to the public, however this section was closed due to a potential ice breaking disaster.
tour16.jpg

The classic CN Tower shot.
tour17.jpg

In the foreground, a new slip under construction. Off in the distance you can see the Ritz Carlton filling in the gap. This shot was taken from the white pedestrian bridge.
tour18.jpg

The Simcoe St. head of slip under construction.
tour19.jpg

The Rees St. head of slip under construction.
tour20.jpg

Greg (my camera assistant) wanted to go try out the new wave deck. But unfortunately we'll have to wait til next summer.
tour20_1.jpg

We continued west into HTO park. You can get a good view of the construction progress from the park.
tour21.jpg

I'm glad we made it here. Because as you can see we are most welcome. However, there is No Lifeguard, No Swimming, No Pets Allowed, Don't feed the birds, and Rollerbladers, Skateboarders, or Bicyclists are not allowed either. But remember to feel welcome. I hate the nanny state that has become of this city.
tour22.jpg

Further west we found another welcoming site, the recently completed Spadina wavedeck. It can't be used today though since there is a chain across it from preventing pedestrians from using it. It's probably a good thing since most people wouldn't be able to handle the wavy wavedeck.
tour23.jpg

We said good riddance to the chain and jumped over it! This is where I, the cameraman got tired.
tour23_1.jpg

We decided we shouldn't linger too long as we were probably in violation of Municipal code #604192398320 and headed north into Cityplace. Panorama is under construction.
tour27.jpg

The recently completed West 1 is picture below.
tour26.jpg

Heading into Cityplace you can see the park in the foreground with hoarding around it. Under construction in the distance is Panorama, and West Harbour City.
tour25.jpg

We then decided to turn east and start heading home. Around the east side of the Rogers Skydome you can see the Ritz Carlton inching skyward.
tour24.jpg

Infinity Phase I.
tour28.jpg

On the north side of Bremner is what looks like glass testing for 18 York St.
tour29.jpg

Looking on the other side of York Street you can see MLS underway.
tour30.jpg

Across the road to the north is Telus under construction.
tour31.jpg

Excavation continues on 18 York Street.
tour32.jpg

Pictured below is photograph number 33.
tour33.jpg

I then decided it was time to head back home to Spire and passed by Trump tower to see how the progress is coming.
tour34.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the photo tour and the cheesy commentary. If you want to see any high-res versions of any of these pictures send me a PM.

Cheers!

Good Toronto pics!

LXM: Good Toronto pics in your section-with a little something for everyone like the classic Gooderham Flatiron building. It looked like a great day to be exploring Toronto...makes me wish I was there! LI MIKE

Does the wavedeck move up and down?

I've been on it and it doesn't budge.

I guess the chains are there because the City is afraid that ice will make the wood slippery during the winter and people might hurt themselves and sue.

fantastic quality pics my friend! A well thought out tour and I really enjoyed your sense of humour with the comments... photo #4, #7 and of course #33 were my faves!

Back