News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Bathroom lights finally went out after 3 year years. I checked the bulbs to see what kind they were so I can see if I could try replacing them myself... they were definitely not standard bulbs... I've not seen bulbs like this before and they look like they are bolted in and you can't just screw them in and out like most light bulbs - but rather that you have to use tools to release the bolts holding them in place?

Has anyone replaced their bathroom bulbs yet? If so, are these kinds of bulbs easily purchased at Home Depot etc;? I just called Property Management to see if this was something I could have the super or someone replace but alas, they don't do such kinds of services and they can't even tell me what kinds of bulbs these are...

I'm obviously not really the handy-type, so if anyone who's had to do this can give me some tips, that would be wonderful ^^;

Bathroom lights finally went out after 3 year years. I checked the bulbs to see what kind they were so I can see if I could try replacing them myself... they were definitely not standard bulbs... I've not seen bulbs like this before and they look like they are bolted in and you can't just screw them in and out like most light bulbs - but rather that you have to use tools to release the bolts holding them in place?

Has anyone replaced their bathroom bulbs yet? If so, are these kinds of bulbs easily purchased at Home Depot etc;? I just called Property Management to see if this was something I could have the super or someone replace but alas, they don't do such kinds of services and they can't even tell me what kinds of bulbs these are...

I'm obviously not really the handy-type, so if anyone who's had to do this can give me some tips, that would be wonderful ^^;

I totally understand what you mean, my bulbs went out as soon as I moved in last year. That contraption was a bit confusing to a new home owner, thank god my dad knew exactly what I was talking about when I explained it to him!

You can buy the bulbs at home depot, bring your bulb with you because you will need the right size. It looks like you need tools to remove but trust me the bulb just pops out like a toilet paper roll. Becareful not to touch the new bulb with your fingers because of the nature of the type of light it omits the oil on your hands could damage it, hold it at the ends and pop it back in as you would toilet paper on a roll.

Hope this helps!

What will one find west of here because I always head north, east or south but never have reason to go west, unless I renew my license lol ? Oh I just remembered that you might be referring to the Downsview flea market perhaps ?

Maybe she is talking about California Sanwiches and coffee time?

Ah yes, my bathroom light went after 3 years also. No don't use any tools, the bulb pops out very easily by hand and they sell these at Home Depot . Don't touch the bolts holding the fixture, you just pull the bulb out by hand very easily. Who did you speak with in Property Management because it was Mauro who explained how to take it out and where to purchase it ? Just pull the bulb sideways and it pops out and then take it to Home Depot. I found the bulb on the shelf by myself and I think it cost about $6 dollars.

p.s. I have never seen bulbs like these before either

Awesome! Thanks Stephie, Peter

@Stephie: Haha - toilet paper roll was the perfect description. It popped right out. I'll take a trip to Home Depot this weekend... and be sure to use gloves when installing them. Guess I'll have to shower in the dark till then^^

@Peter: I spoke with Kitty. But she had no idea how to remove the bulbs nor what kind of bulbs they were. LOL after 3 years it looks like the helpful people of this forum are still the best to ask :)

@7Owen: thanks for your reply... It's a different bulb than what you found though. They are called "78mm Double Contact Halogen Bulbs" and they look like thin sand timers with a tight coil of metallic string in the middle. Nonetheless, it looks like Home Depot is the place to go... hope they have some in stock!

Why do they test the new planes at nighttime instead of during the day ? I don't think the noise is loud enough to be from a plane, perhaps a subway humming. Do these subways run all night ?

Subway runs till just after 2am. Wouldn't be that. They used to run engine tests in the wee hours at Bombarider, but they haven't for a while now (I'm a night owl). On many days, a plane takes off at 7am sharp, so they probably don't do anything before that. Besides that, I don't know of any other humming.

Haven't been out to this area much but I'm thinking of renting a place in this building. Is there much retail in these buildings? Coffee shops, convenience stores, small restaurants? If is there much within walking distance? thanks

Walking distance is a fun one because of the location... It takes me about 20 minutes to walk to Bathurst-Sheppard where DQ, Starbucks, 24-hour Wimpy's, and Pizza Pizza are. Before you get there, you hit a Tim's, Wolfie's, a few local bars, etc. Takes about 10 minutes to walk north to McDonalds, Boston Pizza, Starbucks, 24-hour Subway, and Wild Wing. And yeah, it'll probably be 10 minutes to California Sandwiches and Quiznos.

Can I also just say how awesome it is we have this handful of 24-hour places in walking distance? Subway, Wimpy's, Tim's and Metro!

What is this ?

Every night towards the West I see a fire coming out of a chimney .What is this , is it coming from the oil refinery perhaps ?

Convenience store in M4!!! They have the drink fridges in the back, a lottery counter and most importantly: toilet paper right by the window!

Downside: their hours are 9am-8pm everyday.

And the sidewalk is just about done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 266

Back