News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

also you will need 12 blank cheques for the "rent"

why do we need 12 cheques?? How long are we expected to pay this "rent". Or by rent do you mean maintenance costs??

if you do mean maintenance costs, can we somehow pay by credit card? I would love to get the points....lol

Thanks Flaco

They are for the "RENT", they only ask for them "jusn in case". but if they dont use them all they will give them back. I am hopping no longer than 4-5 months. as for maintenance not sure if you can pay with CC as they wont set anything else 'till you OWN your place.

Update on the Condo.

Sorry guys haven’t had much time to post anything or do anything. Just been too busy with moving and all. You will need light fixtures for the Bed room(s), Den & Dining room, everything else comes with one. the units are looking nice and so far it seems that there is a mix in the building, I have seen young, old and people with kids, everyone friendly. Construction is still going at full speed so I don’t foresee any delays, Except for one of the units on the 3rd floor that was flooded on Sunday thanks to the storm (not occupied or completed yet). Will try to check and post more often.

Update on the Condo.

Sorry guys haven’t had much time to post anything or do anything. Just been too busy with moving and all. You will need light fixtures for the Bed room(s), Den & Dining room, everything else comes with one. the units are looking nice and so far it seems that there is a mix in the building, I have seen young, old and people with kids, everyone friendly. Construction is still going at full speed so I don’t foresee any delays, Except for one of the units on the 3rd floor that was flooded on Sunday thanks to the storm (not occupied or completed yet). Will try to check and post more often.

Awesome, thanks for the update! Do you happen to know how the AC works? I know its a central system, but when you turn it on are you adding to your own electricity bill or is that just part of the shared costs that are part of the condo fees?

Hey everyone, Our PDI has been set up for the 9th. We're pretty excited. We have also booked out elevator for the 14th and will be getting our keys the day before. :)

Yay!

Update on the Condo.

Sorry guys haven’t had much time to post anything or do anything. Just been too busy with moving and all. You will need light fixtures for the Bed room(s), Den & Dining room, everything else comes with one.

Thanks for the update Flaco7. Hope you get settled in soon.

A further question about the lights - do you mean that the wiring is set up in the bed room, den & dining? (i.e. we just need to purchase and install the light bulbs and covers)

@GPalltheway: I was told that A/C goes in with the Hydro and is on a separate meter and is not included in that maintenance/condo fees. I'm told Hydro will usually come to about $45-50 a month for a 1 bedroom +den unit.

I had a question for those of you that have moved in. The door buzzer system, can it be set up to any local number, or will a cell or voip line work?

Do bath room accessories such as towel bar/ toilet paper etc come already installed or are we responsible to purchase?

Also, can you get both swipe cards to access the garage? or get a 3rd key?

Thanks for the update Flaco7. Hope you get settled in soon.

A further question about the lights - do you mean that the wiring is set up in the bed room, den & dining? (i.e. we just need to purchase and install the light bulbs and covers)

@GPalltheway: I was told that A/C goes in with the Hydro and is on a separate meter and is not included in that maintenance/condo fees. I'm told Hydro will usually come to about $45-50 a month for a 1 bedroom +den unit.

Wiring is done, you just need the fixtures (light bulbs and somewhere to conect the bulb).

You are correct you pay for your own heat / AC as part of the hidro bill.

I had a question for those of you that have moved in. The door buzzer system, can it be set up to any local number, or will a cell or voip line work?

Do bath room accessories such as towel bar/ toilet paper etc come already installed or are we responsible to purchase?

Also, can you get both swipe cards to access the garage? or get a 3rd key?

1)Door buzzer not sure yet as nothing is set yet. right now the doors are open most of the time.
2) you get a toilet paper holder & towel holder (generic & ugly)
3) if you bught a parking spot you will get a garage door opener that will function as your second swipe card. if you want to get a second swipe card for the building it will cost you $50.00

transit

Everything sound great. I had a question though, did anyone who has moved in get a Metro Pass or GO Pass for a year? I thought I read somewhere that all condos sold in Toronto came with one.
Thanks for all the info, I was down the other day and the crane on Metropolis and maybe Parkside are up.

City orders condo developers to buy annual metropass for every unit
Posted: December 05, 2009, 7:00 AM by Rob Roberts

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...l-metropass-for-every-unit.aspx#ixzz0srXkFzGw

Last edited:
Everything sound great. I had a question though, did anyone who has moved in get a Metro Pass or GO Pass for a year? I thought I read somewhere that all condos sold in Toronto came with one.
Thanks for all the info, I was down the other day and the crane on Metropolis and maybe Parkside are up.

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...l-metropass-for-every-unit.aspx#ixzz0srXkFzGw

1070 sheppard is actually just out of of the designated area, all the other developments on sheppard are. I am a TTC user and am glad that it is not included. Although the city says that it cannot be passed on to the consumer, simple economics shows that a tax on the business will inevitability filter down to us.
http://www.toronto.ca/planning/metropass.htm

I do not know for sure one way or the other, but I would suspect that this would only apply to condos that were issued permits after this law came into effect.

Back