News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

For those of you in M2:

I just heard from my lawyer. Not good news. His response "The interim occupancy date has been extended to August 20, 2010. I thought the builder would have advised you of this, as we just found out last week. "

So thats likely going to be a 10 day delay for most others.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

You should be entitled to some compensation then.

i need to speak to my lawyer tomorrow, but I am pretty sure they are allowed to delay with as little as 10 days notice.

I take occupancy of my new condo in less than a month so I researched this. The minimum time they can give you notice with is 35 days.

Although I am not a laywer so I'm open to being wrong, but that's how I read it..

Last edited:
I take occupancy of my new condo in less than a month so I researched this. The minimum time they can give you notice with is 35 days.

Although I am not a laywer so I'm open to being wrong, but that's how I read it..

From what I saw on Tarrion, its ten days "In addition, if your builder fails to give you 10 days notice of a closing delay, you will be compensated in the amount of $1,500 ($150 x 10 days)." where did you see that its 35 days, i would love compensation

From what I saw on Tarrion, its ten days "In addition, if your builder fails to give you 10 days notice of a closing delay, you will be compensated in the amount of $1,500 ($150 x 10 days)." where did you see that its 35 days, i would love compensation

My apologies, I signed my contract in 2006 and the rules have changed since then. I'd have to look further into it, but what I said may not apply to you.

For those of you in M2:

I just heard from my lawyer. Not good news. His response "The interim occupancy date has been extended to August 20, 2010. I thought the builder would have advised you of this, as we just found out last week. "

So thats likely going to be a 10 day delay for most others.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news[/QUOTE

Hi, does this apply to everyone in M2? When was nothing set in the mail? No Phone call either???

i need to speak to my lawyer tomorrow, but I am pretty sure they are allowed to delay with as little as 10 days notice.

I'm not sure what to do now? I will have to call Liberty (Jennifer) immediately tomorrow morning and find out what's going on? My move in date in this Friday?????? All my belongings are packed and ready to go and I have ended my lease/rental until the 7th. Now what???

I have no idea if it applies to everybody. I can't imagine it is just my unit delayed. I would suggest you contact your lawyer as they did not send me anything or call. Just lawyer.

On top of this my lawyer is on vacation until Thursday, so I'm not even sure if he has seen these documents or not? He told me that he would have them done on the 5th when he returns and I thought this would be okay and plenty of time to have all the paper work done in time for the following day.

I have no idea if it applies to everybody. I can't imagine it is just my unit delayed. I would suggest you contact your lawyer as they did not send me anything or call. Just lawyer.

According to Tarion, the old rules apply to a building that "The purchase agreement for the first unit sold in your condominium project or phase was signed on or before June 30, 2008".
Did this not start selling in 2007? If that's so, then the builder must give you notice 35 days before occupancy if they wish to delay. If they do delay without give you that notice, then they must compensate you.

Definitely check with your laywer though.

@ lornei I was just wondering if you had your Condo Inspection yet....did they call to re-schedule or did you have to arrange that?

I'm supposed to be having my condo inspection this Friday and I'm just wondering if it will be postponed along with the occupancy date....(occupancy date was August 10 and haven't heard from lawyer as of yet)

What a hassle for everyone! To arrange for movers, cable connections etc.... Ugh! ***Fingers Crossed*** there is compensation!

@ lornei I was just wondering if you had your Condo Inspection yet....did they call to re-schedule or did you have to arrange that?

I'm supposed to be having my condo inspection this Friday and I'm just wondering if it will be postponed along with the occupancy date....(occupancy date was August 10 and haven't heard from lawyer as of yet)

What a hassle for everyone! To arrange for movers, cable connections etc.... Ugh! ***Fingers Crossed*** there is compensation!

i will post tomorrow once i have more information. my pdi is also scheduled for fri

i will post tomorrow once i have more information. my pdi is also scheduled for fri

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would let you know I have seen some people already moving in to M2. I hope your move in dates are not delayed. I have not heard of anything like it here in M1. and besides I have seen these worked go all out finishing a unit pretty fast.

I guess we'll all find out tomorrow given the holiday today. I wonder if it is only one unit...maybe they haven't finished something?

What floor/layout are you in?

Back