News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm sure you can do bell for Internet not sure about TV since they are satellite and you know the rules on that.

I say go with Rogers for the first 3 months as it is free. I made sure that those 3 months where CONTRACT FREE. and then once the condo board is set we can possibly get BELL and all share one satellite as that is how they usually do it.

I plan on doing the exact same.

"Well the thing is that it is not recommended to paint for the first year as the building is still settling and there could be cracks on the wall and such that the builder will have to fix. "

I have absolutely no problem painting when i move in and when cracks appear they can be fixed and i will touch them up

white walls are definitely not gonna work for me, so i'd rather spend the time and money and hope for the best. fixing drywall and touching the paint up are a small price to pay to have a sick looking pad from day #1

"Well the thing is that it is not recommended to paint for the first year as the building is still settling and there could be cracks on the wall and such that the builder will have to fix. "

I have absolutely no problem painting when i move in and when cracks appear they can be fixed and i will touch them up

white walls are definitely not gonna work for me, so i'd rather spend the time and money and hope for the best. fixing drywall and touching the paint up are a small price to pay to have a sick looking pad from day #1

+1

Where did you guys find this deal?

A rep from Rogers will call you about it. I actually just got a call from them on Tuesday. apparently when you purchsased your condo you should of gotten something from them. I purchased on the first day so I never got anything from them.

Also of you look a couple of postings back I added a link to a BELL internet deal from DELL for 4 months of internet for $30.00 also CONTRACT FREE

Hi! Joe here. Do you (or anyone else) knows when the move in dates are for M2? My original move in date was "Jan. 2010", then it got moved to May, then June, now the final letter says Aug. I'm going to be on the 2nd floor. Please let me know. Thanks. Cheers!!!

J oe

Hi Joe,

Was reading back and saw your post. I am 2nd floor M2 as well and am tentatively moving in August 10th. Hopefully will happen!

Hi Joe,

Was reading back and saw your post. I am 2nd floor M2 as well and am tentatively moving in August 10th. Hopefully will happen!

HI, good morning!!! Yes, I am also on the 2nd floor of M2. My move in date is Aug. 6th. I did not receive any other letters stating otherwise. Maybe we'll get other letters, like the PDI one soon :) I'm sooooooo excited. 8 weeks to go and counting!!!

Ciao,

Joe

Question for people that currently live in a condo. I am new to the 'condo life' and am concerned about losing the ability to BBQ. I understand that most condos do not allow bbqs on balconies, (have heard various reasons including fire code and eye-sores). Just wondering if people currently have BBQ's or if they have purchased an electric alternative. Webber sells an electric BBQ in the US, but would only consider buying if we were outright banned from propane.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Question for people that currently live in a condo. I am new to the 'condo life' and am concerned about losing the ability to BBQ. I understand that most condos do not allow bbqs on balconies, (have heard various reasons including fire code and eye-sores). Just wondering if people currently have BBQ's or if they have purchased an electric alternative. Webber sells an electric BBQ in the US, but would only consider buying if we were outright banned from propane.

Along that same note of what we are allowed and not allowed, anybody know if there are any restrictions on the type or colour of window coverings?

Yeah - unfortunately, they specifically say in one of the schedule by-law pages that "no barbequing shall be permitted (on the balcony)". Whether this includes electric BBQ, I don't know, but propane is a definite no... there's a section filled with restrictions about bringing anything into your unit that would affect the fire safety of the condo blah blah blah...

I have a couple of questions for anyone moving in soon:

(1) if you purchased lockers, have they mentioned anything about where they will be located (I assume in the basement level or something... but I have seen condos where there are lockers located in the upper floors...) and whether they will be accessible when we move in?

(2) is anyone here (who is new to the condo life) looking into insurance (content insurance, mortgage insurance)? My understanding is all that should be set up by the time one moves in... any thoughts?

Thanks, and wishing everyone a speedy, no-mess move in!

I have a couple of questions for anyone moving in soon:

(1) if you purchased lockers, have they mentioned anything about where they will be located (I assume in the basement level or something... but I have seen condos where there are lockers located in the upper floors...) and whether they will be accessible when we move in?

(2) is anyone here (who is new to the condo life) looking into insurance (content insurance, mortgage insurance)? My understanding is all that should be set up by the time one moves in... any thoughts?

Thanks, and wishing everyone a speedy, no-mess move in!

From what I was told all of the lockers are underground at the parking garage level. As for insurance, I received a quote from TD for $220 per year. My understanding is that the building insurance that's included as part of the condo fees covers everything except for upgrades that you've chosen and contents inside your unit. I'm going to try and confirm this with Liberty this week.

Back