News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Coldstudios - are you in M1 or M2? May I ask who did you speak to about getting all the Rogers stuff set up? I'm getting no where :-( Voicemail after voicemail :-(

M1. I spoke to Dalia - but since I was actually transferred to her, I'm assuming each rep is assigned to a specific building and/or level.

I recall you mentioning that your move in date is earlier than mine since you're on a lower level of M2... but I seem to be getting a lot of notices even though I'm more than a month away. I don't know if that has to do with me being in M1 though - perhaps they're trying to get notices etc; out to everyone in M1 first to get it all done and over with before they move onto M2? I'd say, keep calling Rogers until you get some answers - I don't see why things shouldn't be ready for you since M1 is all hooked up. Good luck!

I got 9 foot ceilings, Sorry I still havent posted pictures, will try to shortly. in any case, I feel like only 50% of the unit has 9 feet ceilings.

I think it was 1st floor, 3rd floor, 11th floor and the two penthouse levels that have 9ft.... for M1 (and something similar for M2). Flaco7, did you get the 48" uppers?

this might be a dumb question, but how far in advance do you need to book an appt. for rogers to hook up your internet?

For those of you that have moved into your condos, please let me know what time of the day you have been receiving your keys. I am trying to figure out if I should take the day off work that day or the next or both.

Thanks

They were ready at 4pm. Our lawyer advised they would be ready between 2pm and 4pm...

this might be a dumb question, but how far in advance do you need to book an appt. for rogers to hook up your internet?

Actually I wondered the same thing too as I won't be moving in until the end of August, but when I called the rep said that they can do all the set up on their end first and then you just tell them when they can have their technicians come into set everything up after you've gotten your keys. They give you three 3-hr window options to choose from in a day (I think it was 8-11am, 11-2pm, 2-5pm).

They can also set up and assign a home phone number for you when you call (They need a couple of hours to do this so they'll call you back with your new number).

So all the background set up stuff can be done fairly right away, the rest is up to you to set up an appointment for whenever you have your keys and access to your unit.

Are you in M1? It shouldn't be a problem if you're in M1, but people in M2 seem to be having problems for some reason...

Last edited:

It all depends on when you think you'll be ready. I FINALLY booked Rogers in. Apparently, they fixed the "problem" for M2. I booked 2 days after my move in date. Have you called Rogers? If not, I can give you Lucy's direct number. Let me know! TXS :)

ya that would be great. i'm taking off the friday/monday of the weekend i move in so i can pre-arrange for the monday i guess. they won't come weekends i assume

hey - been lurking on this for a while, so i thought it was time to chime in. i've purchased in M1.

GPalltheway - thanks for the pictures, really helps brace me for the situation. over all i think your unit looks relatively well put together (hardwood floors look great!), but i think the adjustment to your kitchen is rather unfortunate. Its a pretty sleazy move on Liberty's part. in your unit the kitchen design was very tight already. i hope it all works out for you, and you find it manageable.

i'd love to get some feedback on people's views regarding the location. when i bought (about 15 months ago), the location made a lot of sense, as i worked right in the area, and i could picture myself hoping on the subway to go into downtown to socialize. also, i was led to believe that the neighborhood was a hotbed of future development, as was ready to explode in value and density. in a truly unexpected circumstance, my location of employment has changed, and the sheppard/allen area is not as practical for me to live in anymore. plus, i now have mixed feelings about the safety of the location. since no other developments have been announced, it looks like the population density is not about to rise-up anytime soon. i've tested out taking the subway to downsview late at night, and i have found it to be kind of creepy, as the cars and station are basically empty at night.

i know i might just be having pre-occupancy jitters, so i would certainly love to hear from people who may have a more upbeat take on the situation.

also, does anyone have any measure on re-sale value / lease opportunities? i know we won't really know for sure until people start selling their units. my original plan was to sell in 3 - 5 years, but if i find i'm not happy in the area, i may look to lease, or sell earlier. does any one have any thoughts or knowledge in this area?

"

ya that would be great. i'm taking off the friday/monday of the weekend i move in so i can pre-arrange for the monday i guess. they won't come weekends i assume

"

oh, they do weekends, i was on the phone with Dalia earlier today.

what tv? I just went with the new samsung LED line. quite a beautiful screen on them.

I originally bought a Samsung LED 7000 3D tv, but returned it for the Plasma 3D. Great sale going on at Futureshop for this one and Plasma does a much better job with 3D right now and colours in general.

Rogers is coming to install internet for me in M2 on Aug 22nd. Spoke to Sandra and she took care of everything. You will have to give her the 55 De Boers address, as that is what seems to be throwing them off.

Also, I was told we don't need our mortgage setup until the building registers...is this correct?

Back