News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow, that's a steal. That's $335/sq.ft, right now on average the units in M3+M4 are selling for about $400/sq.ft. To give everyone an idea, that same 1080 sq.ft unit would now be selling for about 430k.

But that was back in 2007 pre construction prices. Everything has increased in cost since then .

Sidewalk extended from DeBoers to Lodestar Road

What is the consensus among the residents here about getting the sidewalk extended up to the new Shoppers Drugmart plaza ? I wrote to our City Councillor and they will pass along the request to the appropriate department for review. They also wanted me to send in pictures but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. Most likely, in my opinion, the way this works is that letters will go out to all the residents asking if they want the sidewalk or not . Then they will do whatever the majority wants, so there is no need to worry if you aren't in favor of it.

As a side note I also wanted to ask if anyone knows why there is always a pool of water on the street corner at DeBoers and Allen Road by the sidewalk ?

What is the consensus among the residents here about getting the sidewalk extended up to the new Shoppers Drugmart plaza ? I wrote to our City Councillor and they will pass along the request to the appropriate department for review. They also wanted me to send in pictures but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. Most likely, in my opinion, the way this works is that letters will go out to all the residents asking if they want the sidewalk or not . Then they will do whatever the majority wants, so there is no need to worry if you aren't in favor of it.

Good idea.

As a side note I also wanted to ask if anyone knows why there is always a pool of water on the street corner at DeBoers and Allen Road by the sidewalk ?

Simple, lifes not perfect.

Pool of water at the street corner

My own theory about this is that maybe the sewer can't handle the amount of rainwater that there is and it overflows ? This is at DeBoers Drive and Allen Road by the sidewalk .

Last edited:

I bet it's a decoy drain and the city pocketed the money a real one would have cost

naw but seriously, there's just been a shit-ton of rain lately, that stuff happens

I like sidewalks!!!

My own theory about this is that maybe the sewer can't handle the amount of rainwater that there is and it overflows ? This is at DeBoers Drive and Allen Road by the sidewalk .

I am no expert on this but I agree. The catch basins (there are two) are at the lowest point of the street. Generally during construction they put filter cloth in them to help with construction debris. I bet with the build up of crap on top of the filter cloth and the amount of rain, the water just can't drain fast enough. If it was a problem with the drains themselves the water would stick around for an extended period of time, this isn't happening right now.

Did I miss something and BBQ's are allowed? I see a few balconies with some on em, in M2, one is quite heavy duty.

Dude good luck with that. The owner of the unit below me BBQ'd a couple of days ago. I was not happy about this. They had some heavy spices on that meat that came in to my unit (all windows where closed). They where sneaky too, covered the balcony with cardboard so that it’s not visible.

Dude good luck with that. The owner of the unit below me BBQ'd a couple of days ago. I was not happy about this. They had some heavy spices on that meat that came in to my unit (all windows where closed). They where sneaky too, covered the balcony with cardboard so that it’s not visible.

Goodluck with what? I dont agree people have BBQ's on the balcony

Back