News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

What this amazing rendering(from the lake) doesn't reveal are the 2 tall proposals(Aura, 1BE) which will soon begin construction as well.
Toronto is showing its age and size.

Actually, after a lot of uncertainty, it's starting to look like Aura will actually be built. The status of 1BE is not so clear, unfortunately.

I think this pretty much explains why they've been left out:
BTW, some very large office projects like Richmond Adelaide 3, 151 Front Street West and BCE 3 that would impact this render, were left out on the assumption they wouldn't be starting any time soon courtesy of world economic meltdown (a couple of new proposals in the entertainment district were included for fun.

Last edited:
^thanks... I hear ya!

I think the positive comments provide a good snapshot of the "state of the nation", specifically the cynical nature of UT circa November '08.

Most of the comments are from newish members (not to diminish these comments which are indeed appreciated)... with the exception of the always appreciated props from the guy who started this meeting place years ago. Thanks BC.

I suspect chiming in on such eye candy (useful compilation data though!) is deemed beneath those who only debate matters of great import... ;)

What this amazing rendering(from the lake) doesn't reveal are the 2 tall proposals(Aura, 1BE) which will soon begin construction as well.
Toronto is showing its age and size.

^^

NEWS RELEASE FROM STUDIO MALDIVE:

I realized that since I "built" so many images for all the projects underway along the Toronto waterfront... I had done much of the work needed for what might be the ultimate future rendering... specifically, one that could be actually be viewed in a decade from now, without the benefit of a helicopter.

Those who know Toronto may be familiar with the views looking north to the city from Cherry Beach (located southeast of downtown). My pooch and I visit doggy beach there a few times a week and I often photograph the evolving skyline from this POV.

There are hundreds of photographs taken from the (former?) Docks nightclub and as just as many from Wards Island but very few from the Cherry Beach area, which is right between those 2 vantage points because the water's edge is fenced off... you'd have to be in a boat near the eastern gap or climb a fence for a clear, unobstructed view.

What you see to the west is basically a compressed version of the future render I posted... everything from WaterPark City and Cityplace to the central waterfront... PLUS... you see the skyline from the lake to Bloor Street and beyond.

So a future a render from this POV would offer up most of what you see in this render + the tallest marquee projects underway in the city... Trump, Bay Adelaide completed, Aura, 4 Seasons and 1 Bloor East + substantial projects like Murano/Burano, Uptown, Casa, X, Pure/Clear Spirits and eventually the towers of the East Bayfront.

If you climbed a tree or stood on the deck of the defunct Tor/Rochester ferry you would see all the way to Quantum at Yonge and Eglinton.

All this to say... I've started a render from this "ultimate" POV because a) half the elements are already built and b) it isn't a fantasy render at all... 90% of it will be projects underway and the result be "viewable" in some fashion from an existing vantage point.

Stay tuned.

good representation as I doubt we'll see anymore surprise skyline altering proposals jump quick to construction anytime soon.

^t

Most of the comments are from newish members (not to diminish these comments which are indeed appreciated)... with the exception of the always appreciated props from the guy who started this meeting place years ago. Thanks BC.

Actually, I've been around since the ssp days, and a member of this forum since day one; I just don't post much. You should be flattered that I crawled over my keyboard to praise you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Newish" was the only word I could think of in lieu of "usually too lazy" to post or "lurker". ;)

...I did in fact wonder if "Tony" was "TONY"... good to know you are still around (in a newish way at least). Cheers.

EMOTICON SPECIAL-ORDERED
sun.jpg

Last edited:
Great job. Everything looks great. I like the look of the cluster of buildings around the Entertainment District. 335 King and 21 Widmer add some nice variations to the straight verical and horizontal lines, although I think 335 King should betaller, since it's been listed at 177m whereas it looks the same height as Festival tower which is 156m. But hey, it's way better than anything I could do so who am I to have (constructive) criticism.

I didn't realize Maldive and you were the same person 3D. Excellent job. Your skills have really improved.

335 King should betaller, since it's been listed at 177m whereas it looks the same height as Festival tower which is 156m.

It's only the pinnacle of 335 King that reaches 177m and if you check out the big render link, I think you'll see it is appropriately taller than Festival Tower. Maybe it could be a tiny bit taller.

A more interesting observation (constructive criticism) might be to point out the artist has turned 335 King ninety degrees from the east/west elevations to a north/south pov, no doubt to dramatize the unique profile of the project ... I believe we call that artistic license. ;)

Ha! I don't know if I was 'TONY'. I was 'troodie' on the old forum, but I may have been TONY at one point too. Ah well.

Also, does the first render remind anyone else of the logo/clip for one of the major production companies that plays before movies? Damn, I can't remember what the company's name is. Forget I mentioned it.

Back