News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hello Harsh,

It seems that you have a lot of info. So I thought that you could explain to me the following points. Thanks in advance.

I am supposed to occupy the unit in the middle of December. Does that mean that I have to pay the "phantom" rent for December? It is not really a good time as I have to pay full month's rent (December's) to my current landlord.

Another question: as long as I do not get a paper informing me that the occupancy date has changed 65 days before the fixed date (as the regulations state), then I am sure that I will move, right? I am asking this because I have to give notice to my landlord 2 months ahead of the termination of the tenancy agreement.

Thanks,

Hey Gargamel,

First I'm no expert but since you spefically asked me I will answer the question to the best of my ability...

Question 1:Yes you do have to pay phantom rent. The good news(well thats your call) is that its pro-rated so it won't be the FULL occupany fee for December.

Question 2: From what I understand a developer can still extend the confirmed date to only 15 extra days - IF the notice is given with less than 65 but more then 35 days to said date. However once its within 35 days the date is rock solid or else they're liable for purchaser's expenses of rent etc ....BUT if they inform us 65 days prior they can extend the date to 120 days!!!! and another 15 days after that if a notice is given before 35 days. Lets hope this is not the case. I want to move before the year end.

Hope that helps. If I'm not correct or anyone wants to add, feel free to do so.

Hey do you know what the BOD turnover or the pre-con walkthrough was about? They never responded to my inquiry on their FB page.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Yes, Raymond put it on FB the BOD turnover is (was) on july 07/10. But that is for Rosebank 8. He did not specify the pre-construction walk-through date(s) though.

Guess who received a letter today? December 13. The goal to move in before 2011 is diminishing. And to think I believed them when they said occupancy in June LMAO...smh

On the flipside I took a few pics of 8 Rosebank on my Blackberry(excuse the quality). According to the amenities floor plan this is the party room and exercise room. I could be completely wrong though because I'm being told there's two floors of amenities.

This is a builder which does not fulfill what they promised. I was there to have a look. There is no fountain. The lobby does not look like what it was supposed to. The building itself does not look like what it is supposed to. The occupancy is very delayed (a year and half). I have seen many buildings which look like exactly as designed. The occupancies were delayed to a max of 1yr. Not more than that. Every time they extend the occupancy date, one should let know the bank providing the mortgage. It is a hustle. I am extremely disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.
101.jpg

103.jpg

105.jpg

104.jpg

102.jpg

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 412
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Hello Guys,

Does anyone of you know contact info of the sales office (i.e. if they have new other than the one posted on their website-416.321.8868). No one is picking that one, it is neither possible to leave a message. I need to get in touch with the sales office. Please let me know if u know any contact number.

Regards,

Gargamel,

They do not stick w/ the interior sketches either. The reply from Customer Service @ the PDI visit was that the sketch I have is not part of the contract. Worst customer service ever. Do not bother to ask, I do not have the new Customer Service number. Two weeks ago they sent a lot of phase 2 construction workers home. To "speed-up" the construction they are working Saturdays and Sundays but with only 2 -3 people. I do not believe somebody will move sooner then 2011 on phase2.

No, we are not moving before 2011. They already sent us letters. Perhaps we should do something. For us it is too late, but we could inform people about the change in design, i.e. the complete change, about the customer service, etc. People should know all these. I think what they are doing is unfair.

Hey, I haven't received a letter yet. Gargamel can you provide more details? What is the date the letter was issued? What is your new Occupancy date? And what floor are you on? Thanks

Ok. I was worried there was another extension. I received a letter in September as well for December. The builder has until next week(65 day warning) to notify me of an extension or else they can only extend another 5 days MAX meaning I'll move in THIS YEAR!!!

I'm on the 6th floor so I should be apart of the first phase to move in.

I will keep you informed. Fingers crossed.

Follow Up:

I received a letter, a good one. An orientation meeting with the management of Markham Place Simerra(sp?) Properties. Apparently its to inform purchasers of the moving in process and requirements. I also confirmed with Builder that I will be moving in at previous stated occupancy date give or take 10 days meaning I'm moving in before years end!!!. I'm relieved for now.

I also heard phase 1 is already registered. Phantom rent was only 4mos. I'm not sure why Chelsea said it was 1yr.

Chelsea can you shed more light on your comments please? You seem to come and go at random.

I am not sure what your purchase agreement states about the phantom rent. Mine states that I have to give them post-dated cheques for 12 months. I understand that is to make sure that they get their money until the unit is registered and transferred. Perhaps that is what Chelsea meant. Once the unit is transferred the remaining post-dated cheques are canceled (I assume).

Hey Harsh,
How was the orinetation? Pls keep me updated about the PDI...I was there at the orientation, did not see any refreshments... I do not understand why these ppl keep lying. I do not mind that the refreshment was not there but why they promise something that they are not able to provide...I have bad feeling

Hey Gargamel,
I was at the orientation as well. The lack of refreshments didn't bother me(I wouldn't have eaten it anyways) but they DID promise it. **Keep in mind that orientation represented the property management not the builder.** That lady was EXTREMELY boring and what made it worse was that everything she said was in the handout, there was no need to listen to her read it verbatim for 90mins. There should've been more focus on the Q&A period. I stayed behind and that's where I learnt the most. Did you stay behind to ask questions?

I must say I've had a pleasant experience with the customer service staff thus far, they've been very accomodating. This is my first purchase so I really have nothing to compare it to expect what I read on the forum. Its possible that b/c I did some reading on the ins&outs of buying condo properties I knew what to expect and made specific demands to avoid pitfalls.

As far as the quality of build I'll reserve my judgement for the PDI. I'll keep you informed.

Last edited:

Back