8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
A mid-rise proposal west of Vaughan City Centre which will contribute to urbanizing Highway 7 (which the City want to rebrand as 'Avenue Seven'), site is located southeast of Martin Grove Road and Highway 7 and will replace an existing typical 905 suburb plaza with surface parking .... woohoo :D

decent looking proposal to me, and once again this is one of those designs that tries to create 'stately' classic architecture ... which I know is a faux pas for UT :p

2 residential towers 10 storeys each connected by podium surrounding a internal driveway courtyard for residents drop-off, total 377 suites proposed

City Planning Staff Report (June 2008)

MartinGroveHwy7_elevation.jpg

MartinGroveHwy7_sp.jpg

wow, solaris, you sure have been busy on the City of Vaughan website!

It looks rather lo-po, but it might the first urban building on Highway 7 in Vaughan.

Yea I thought the VCC proposal was bad.

These type of the buildings are the one that end up looking the worst once built

Yeahbut, these are up in Vaughan, so, like, well, who cares? Anyway, these buildings are an important step in the Rotterdamization of Woodabridge (re: my theory of the Hagueification of Maple and the Amsterdamerizing of VCC).

Seriously though? I do not expect better than this for Martin Grove and 7. Compared to their context, these are a step forward.

Back