News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I know that not everyone will like Tory and agree with everything he does, but he is willing to do a monthly Q&A with the people of Toronto. The last guy avoided the media like a plague.

SAL, SAL, SAL... she needs some powder for that itch:

Norm Kelly expensed 39 steakhouse dinners with wife as fundraising costs
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/26/spending-big-was-the-new-norm

That does seem a little excessive ... but as usual, the commenters are fixated on Kelly's 2-day trip to Florida for a family emergency during the ice storm, even though Doug Ford f**ked off to the exact same state for at least a week at the same time.

Is there a breakdown anywhere on how the councillors are currently leaning on the proposed Gardiner tear-down?

The Star is reporting that it took a five-hour in camera session for City Council to appoint Peter Wallace to succeed Pennacchetti as City Manager. Does anyone have a guess as to why?

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...l-appoints-peter-wallace-as-city-manager.html

Wallace, for those who don't know, was the top civil servant in the Ontario government. He has a reputation as being incredibly smart, and also for calling BS on politicians when necessary (very rare for a bureaucrat). Hiring him is an incredible "get" for Toronto.

The obvious speculation is a group of councillors was opposed to appointing him. Normally I would guess Denzil or Rob Ford. But Denzil was on the appointing committee, and Rob was sick yesterday.

Wallace made some enemies in the McGuinty-Wynne government to be sure. Could it be Liberals on Council who opposed him? The inimitable Jim Karygiannis maybe?

If anybody has inside gossip, I'd love to hear it.

The Star is reporting that it took a five-hour in camera session for City Council to appoint Peter Wallace to succeed Pennacchetti as City Manager. Does anyone have a guess as to why?
If anybody has inside gossip, I'd love to hear it.
Don't have inside gossip, but Tory said it was because he was not known to council. In the end, the vote was unanimous.

betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 2h2 hours ago
Deliberations on Wallace's appointment took five hours because he was not well known to council, Tory says

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/07/city-still-figuring-out-new-chief

“Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the job John Tory is doing as mayor?”

Approve 72%
Disapprove 28%

Tory is still popular.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 14m14 minutes ago
Aside - Cable out at City Hall again today ... if only @JohnTory knew someone at Rogers to get this fixed #TOpoli
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 17m 17 minutes ago
Aside 2 - I don't remember the cable going out at City Hall this much when @TorontoRobFord was mayor #TOpoli

Last edited:
You think we are going to build the Champs-Elysees in Toronto? We have a ton of 8 lane roads in Toronto and they are used for a lone sidewalk with the backs of houses facing them, I can't blame Tory for looking at current conditions.

So Tory is saying no one would ever want to sit at an outdoor cafe sipping their coffee next to a congested 8 lane road.

The statement was wishy-washy. He did make a leading statement, road to expressway to highway, painting pictures won't solve problems, they may be pretty and in this case it is just putting lipstick on a pig.

Back