News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Don't go thinking that Harper's offer is sincere. It's pure electioneering to make him look friendly to the 'urban agenda'. He won't honour this if reelected. This is all pure crud.

Very true, election games abound. Unless the Conservatives get a majority then Harper won't be around anyway and with the NDP numbers at the moment it is all a scramble to be relevant when the dust clears.

Ya, the only advanced planning I've seen to date is this piece of paper.

View attachment 48610

Almost as good as this piece of paper:
chamberlain2.jpg

Hilarious to see Tory flip-flop, endorse carding and ultimately allow it to continue.

What a sniveling little coward.

Carding like abortion is political suicide, that's why Harper is not touching the latter. Tory is not flip-flopping, just passing the issue to the prov. for a decision to avoid responsibly.

Last edited:
Alok Mukherjee resigns as chair of Toronto Police Services Board
With Mr. Mukherjee, 69, moving on, vice-chair Andy Pringle, a friend and long-time political ally of the mayor, will take over as acting chair until the board elects a replacement. Since placing himself on the board shortly after last year’s municipal election, Mr. Tory has held an outsized influence over key board votes. But Mr. Mukherjee’s departure marks an important consolidation of power for a mayor who has vowed to return civility and decorum to the board’s tense relationship with its chief of police.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ce-oversight-board-to-resign/article25013625/

I agree Doug is a total ass, but didn't he say during the campaign that he'd attend Pride? I could be mistaken, but I thought I head him say that during one of his media interviews or speeches.

I agree Doug is a total ass, but didn't he say during the campaign that he'd attend Pride? I could be mistaken, but I thought I head him say that during one of his media interviews or speeches.

Having him there is about as meaningful as having those men's rights folks in the march.

AoD

Flashbacks:

Doug Ford flips and flops on Toronto's Pride Parade while out councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam gets homophobic hate mail from Ford Nation
http://queer-liberal.blogspot.ca/2014/09/doug-ford-flips-and-flops-on-torontos.html

No doubt, and I'm not even sure which is worse. Rob's refusal to go, or Doug's seemingly fake support.

Tory's support is no more sincere than Doug Ford's. Does anyone really think that John Tory really cares about Pride? He tries to be everyone's best friend and do whatever makes him look good, in all aspects of his professional career. It's strange how so many will call him out on his disingenuity on basically everything, yet he is cut some slack here because he creates the illusion that he cares; or because he is doing what you want him to do. But what good is that if it isn't heartfelt? He's just manipulating supporters of Pride for his own political gain. Basically anything John Tory says he believes in seems to be the exact opposite of what he probably feels. The man is such a classic charlatan.

Right or wrong, at least the Ford brothers stand by their convictions on this issue (not throwing my support behind either of them; just making an observation). Tory is a man of no principle. He is a phony.

Tory's support is no more sincere than Doug Ford's. Does anyone really think that John Tory really cares about Pride? He tries to be everyone's best friend and do whatever makes him look good, in all aspects of his professional career. It's strange how so many will call him out on his disingenuity on basically everything, yet he is cut some slack here because he creates the illusion that he cares; or because he is doing what you want him to do. But what good is that if it isn't heartfelt? He's just manipulating supporters of Pride for his own political gain. Basically anything John Tory says he believes in seems to be the exact opposite of what he probably feels. The man is such a classic charlatan.

Right or wrong, at least the Ford brothers stand by their convictions on this issue (not throwing my support behind either of them; just making an observation). Tory is a man of no principle. He is a phony.

Do you have any proof of this as it pertains to Pride and the LGBT community? Do you personally know that his support of Pride is not heartfelt?

Back