News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Downtown yes, but what about the areas away from downtown or non-tourist areas, like where residents actually live around?
Yes, there is a fairly large 'ring' of empty lots (demolished buildings) surrounding downtown and then not very pleasant inner-suburbs followed by some quite nice (and rich) outer suburbs. Nobody is saying Detroit is a paradise but it's simply not sensible to say that Toronto is starting to look like it. Yes, we have pockets of decay and could always do better but OVERALL our City is pretty damned good!

Yes, there is a fairly large 'ring' of empty lots (demolished buildings) surrounding downtown and then not very pleasant inner-suburbs followed by some quite nice (and rich) outer suburbs. Nobody is saying Detroit is a paradise but it's simply not sensible to say that Toronto is starting to look like it. Yes, we have pockets of decay and could always do better but OVERALL our City is pretty damned good!

Toronto...still better than Detroit!

I think Tory taking the knife to the TTC in search for change under the cushion could come back to haunt him in 2018.

Single moms, students and interns on a 90 minute trip from Scarborough to downtown, on an overheated, packed bus and subway car will be scratching their heads thinking "Efficiencies? Where?"

I think Tory taking the knife to the TTC in search for change under the cushion could come back to haunt him in 2018.

Single moms, students and interns on a 90 minute trip from Scarborough to downtown, on an overheated, packed bus and subway car will be scratching their heads thinking "Efficiencies? Where?"

I certainly hope someone will remind him that why he has no problems with paying extra for the Gardiner - because mass transit is only for people who can't afford a car:

http://torontoist.com/2015/06/the-basic-truth-of-john-tory/
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/bu/bgrd/backgroundfile-80973.pdf

AoD

I wonder what Tory thinks about Doug's grandstanding. So far, he is sticking to the business of being mayor.

I wonder what Tory thinks about Doug's grandstanding. So far, he is sticking to the business of being mayor.
Someone does not need to pay too much attention to a gnat to swat it away.

Someone does not need to pay too much attention to a gnat to swat it away.

I hope Tory doesn't fall into Doug's trap of giving him attention and therefore more legitimacy as some kind of popular critic at large. It just gives him more media time on CP2Ford with Ledrew which is exactly what he wants. Best to just ignore him. Fords hate to be ignored. If they are ignored, they have to resort to the "vandalized SUV/bomb threat/we're victims/time to remember Rob" tactics.

TTC is for the poors. If you want the luxury of air conditioning, buy a car.

Or as John Tory put it,

CryDsGNWAAA5J0R.jpg_large.jpg

Attachments

• CryDsGNWAAA5J0R.jpg_large.jpg
    CryDsGNWAAA5J0R.jpg_large.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 875

Back