News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

For what it's worth, my boss here at Rogers was around back when Tory was VP of publishing. She says everyone loved working for him. He'd constantly hold roundtable discussions with different front line staff to hear their thoughts and ideas and genuinely seemed to listen and take things into consideration.

For what it's worth, my boss here at Rogers was around back when Tory was VP of publishing. She says everyone loved working for him. He'd constantly hold roundtable discussions with different front line staff to hear their thoughts and ideas and genuinely seemed to listen and take things into consideration.

That's his trick though isn't it. Makes virtually everyone feel as though he's listened, and will take their thoughts into consideration. And then quietly turns right ...

That's his trick though isn't it. Makes virtually everyone feel as though he's listened, and will take their thoughts into consideration. And then quietly turns right ...

Hopefully he's genuine. We shall see. Also, it's one thing to be really passionate about listening to people and another to turn their ideas into action. I'm guessing he's good at that since he's held high profile roles, but I haven't heard of anything specific that he's developed.

Hopefully he's genuine. We shall see. Also, it's one thing to be really passionate about listening to people and another to turn their ideas into action. I'm guessing he's good at that since he's held high profile roles, but I haven't heard of anything specific that he's developed.

Well, since he is just starting one is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - any funny business on say the WT file and you bet there will be pushback. RoFo learned that the hard way, hopefully the more pragmatic, business-minded Tory won't fall into the same mistake.

AoD

Here are some precognitions...Let's look back in a month and see how close I came
Deputy Mayor...Norm Kelly
Speaker...Jon Filion
Deputy Speaker...Gord Perks
Budget Chief...Paul Ainslie
Audit Chief/Affordable Housing Chair/Employee Relations...Rob Ford (got to keep him busy)
TTC Chair...Josh Colle
TPSB....John Burnside, Michelle Berardinetti, John Tory
Public Works... DWM
Government Mgmt... Josh Matlow
Licencing and Standards... Jaye Robinson
Parks and Enviroment... MMM
Economic Deveplopment... Michael Thompson (he is going to have his choice of chairs)
Planning and Growth... Mary Fragedakis
Community Development... Janet Davis
Civic Appointments...Shelley Carroll
Striking Committee...Gary Crawford
At Large Exec Members...Mark Grimes, Sarah Doucette, Kristin Wong-Tam, James Pasternak

Stevie D....here are my choices.... from back on Oct 29/14

I don't blame Norm Kelly for wanting a break. He had a tough situation to deal with.

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 9m9 minutes ago
John Tory has yet to reveal who will be his special guest at his swearing-in...any guesses? My bet's on Bill Davis.

He'd constantly hold roundtable discussions with different front line staff to hear their thoughts and ideas and genuinely seemed to listen and take things into consideration.

Of course you're interested in other people's thoughts and ideas....when you don't have any of your own. And that's Tory to a tee.

But if let's say Olivia Chow was the mayor and she had picked mostly left leaning councillors in high profile positions (which would probably be the case), it would be all fine and dandy, right?

A: Actually, progressive, liberal minded politicians (the "left") are more apt to be sincere about being more inclusive. Look at Miller's appointments. Liberals are for things....conservatives are against things.

B: Progressive/liberals make for better city building than conservatives, so appointing more of them is a wise choice anyway. Conservatism is just plain bad for the greater good of society.

Agreed, WislaHD! I don't apply party or partisan factors when it comes to city matters. Maybe that is because I don't identify with any one group.

How about we practice nonpartisanship at the municipal level? Now that's a thought! :)

I wish...

This statement from Perks actually pissed me off yesterday:

“They’ve given no meaningful role to any New Democrat,” said Gord Perks, the left-wing councillor for Ward 14 (Parkdale-High Park)
- Toronto Star

No shit Perks! Maybe if you focused on your constituents as a whole instead of being a tool for your party, you would know how things work?

Back