News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

My power went out for about 45 minutes. I'm located around Allan Gardens.

I went for a walk West along Gerrard to Bay and then College to Jarvis and I only saw two traffic lights out - Jarvis/Gerrard and Bay/Gerrard. Some businesses were out (Fresh City Farms and the restaurants on the East side of Bay North of Gerrard) but others seemed like nothing had happened - I popped into both Farm Boy and Loblaws and they were both fully operational. Ikea looked like it was open and there were a lot of people milling around in the restaurant.

So..........I see media are reporting both that Hydro and Toronto Fire have declined comment on whether the crane/barge is the cause...........yet........if one check's Toronto Fire's own site.........

1660250205252.png

Uhhh.........

Also........for those of you missing power, such as @elcorrerador

I have more bad news for you..................

1660250281982.png

Why wait for the media to confirm anything..........just check yourself, LOL

PS, for those wondering how they can track such things:

Of further note:

Toronto Fire is no longer on scene at either Hydro incident.

Hydro is on scene; so hopefully some progress, but no posted estimated time of full restoration of power as yet.

But apparently about 1/2 of customers are now back online.

Of further note:

Toronto Fire is no longer on scene at either Hydro incident.

Hydro is on scene; so hopefully some progress, but no posted estimated time of full restoration of power as yet.

But apparently about 1/2 of customers are now back online.
Yes, Lower Sherbourne was closed south of The Esplanade @ about 4.15 and re-opened when I returned at 5.15. Lots of fire trucks at the Hydro One transformer station when I left, they were packing up when I returned. Several Hydro One trucks still there..

Hopefully no spoiled food in the fridge/freezer!
I was concerned about that, and I made sure not to open it the whole time. It appears everything has stayed well cooled/frozen. I think it probably needs at least 12 hours to get to the danger zone. Even the ice cream I have in the door of the freezer didn't even begin to melt.

Apparently a ferry crashed into the dock at Queen's Quay this evening. Minor injuries only, but I'm guessing that particular ferry will be taken out of service for some time, and that's going to make the summer weekend travel to and from the Island pretty rough.

UPDATE: It was the Sam McBride that crashed. The City has cancelled all service in the islands direction for the rest of the day. The remaining ferries will be used only to take people back to Toronto from the Islands. No update yet on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Apparently a ferry crashed into the dock at Queen's Quay this evening. Minor injuries only, but I'm guessing that particular ferry will be taken out of service for some time, and that's going to make the summer weekend travel to and from the Island pretty rough.

UPDATE: It was the Sam McBride that crashed. The City has cancelled all service in the islands direction for the rest of the day. The remaining ferries will be used only to take people back to Toronto from the Islands. No update yet on tomorrow.

Any idea how much damage was caused? Is the boat at risk of sinking?

Back