News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We are all better off just not knowing....life is depressing enough as it is.

Actually, life is awesome! Of course, it would be much more awesome if the people who claim to be free market champions weren't actually all about a command economy built on corporate welfare that my hard-earned money goes towards....but, fuck, can't win 'em all.

Much different question. As far as I'm aware, a 30 stop LRT network has never been proposed for Scarborough. It certainly puts into perspective the cost difference between subway and LRT though.

The 30-stop network is essentially the Transit City plan, including SRT replacement, Sheppard East, and Scaborough/Malvern (Eglinton/Kingston Rd./Morningside) routes.

Much different question. As far as I'm aware, a 30 stop LRT network has never been proposed for Scarborough. It certainly puts into perspective the cost difference between subway and LRT though.

You forget Transit City. I count over 40 new Scarborough LRT stops not counting the ones on the Eglinton Line.

mHdBw32.jpg

From readditing.com/r/TOmaps/comments/20hxtl

Attachments

• mHdBw32.jpg
    mHdBw32.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 709

The 30-stop network is essentially the Transit City plan, including SRT replacement, Sheppard East, and Scaborough/Malvern (Eglinton/Kingston Rd./Morningside) routes.

You forget Transit City. I count over 40 new Scarborough LRT stops not counting the ones on the Eglinton Line.

View attachment 41116

From readditing.com/r/TOmaps/comments/20hxtl

It's amazing when you promote a realistic comparison without branding like Transit City. One would not include the Sheppard LRT since it's funding is already earmarked, so it begs to be seen (and it has/will be in another forum) where an extra line would be built.

And agreed, the wording of the question makes all the difference.

It's amazing when you promote a realistic comparison without branding like Transit City. One would not include the Sheppard LRT since it's funding is already earmarked, so it begs to be seen (and it has/will be in another forum) where an extra line would be built.
Your already at about 20 stops on just the SRT extension and the Scarborough-Morningside.

Toss the 2010 deferred Sheppard East Phase 2, the 2010 deferred SRT extension to Malvern, and the Scarborough-Morningside extension to Malvern, you are pushing 30 stops. Toss in proposed SRT stations at Bellamy and Brimely and that about does it. Though if the $3 billion doesn't include Sheppard East, you've still only spent about $1.5 billion!

Your already at about 20 stops on just the SRT extension and the Scarborough-Morningside.

25 actually, so IMO it would be best to extend things towards the Zoo and Morningside Heights.

So sick of this "below inflation" crap. Otherwise this hole could have been plugged easily.

It's shocking but Robbie was wrong with assumption that we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem, that's why he got rid of the VRT.

Back