News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

“He’s pleading not guilty and will vigorously defend against these allegations and he is asserting his innocence and we will be co-operating with the authorities to hopefully have him exonerated in the near future,” Barry said.
Not sure I'd trust a lawyer who'd write a disjointed run-on sentence like that. It sounds like a breathless over-explanation.

Not sure I'd trust a lawyer who'd write a disjointed run-on sentence like that. It sounds like a breathless over-explanation.
Mr Barry (who is, I think, the lawyer of choice for the Police Association) has withdrawn from the case.

It is a catch 22.

You can fix it but that money has to come from somewhere. You cannot expect people to fix things for free. On the flip side, nobody wants to increase property taxes by 10-15% to pay for everything.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Either you want things fixed and transit to be better (in which case your taxes go up) or you keep taxes low and nothing gets done.

Thread about the project at this park here:

Yeah, funny how Sanctuary sits right beside it, huh? I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with it's inexplicable years-long closure.

I did security at Casa (33 Charles st East) in 2015

Sanctuary wasn't so bad BUT they did have some problem guests.

We used to have people bang on our windows and find drug paraphernalia around there.

It is a catch 22.

You can fix it but that money has to come from somewhere. You cannot expect people to fix things for free. On the flip side, nobody wants to increase property taxes by 10-15% to pay for everything.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Either you want things fixed and transit to be better (in which case your taxes go up) or you keep taxes low and nothing gets done.

There’s no “Catch 22.” The mayor (and the mayor before him) decided to keep property taxes low, particularly on houses. Twelve years of that policy has led to this. Remember too that property taxes work differently than income or sales taxes. You have to raise them to increase revenue, and property values have gone through the roof, it’s mot unreasonable that property tax revenue should go up with them. But they haven’t.

This is a incredibly wealthy city yet it refuses to act like one.

Back