News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

If the child is in the care of the school board, that should certainly include feeding them.
Should the school board also provide clothing? Of course kids should be both fed and clothed but I am really not sure that school boards ought to have the responsibility to do so,

I swear this Pizza Pizza is the only good Pizza Pizza slice you can get. Also likely the same thing at sporting events which is similarly much better than the regular product. Not that its actually high quality pizza but somehow its better sitting in that glass case for god knows how long than buying a whole fresh pizza from a Pizza Pizza store.
Meh, of all Toronto's pizza chains, Pizza Pizza is by far the worst. At its best, it's utilitarian food product, at its worst it's flavourless white bubblegum atop tomato-smeared cardboard.

Should the school board also provide clothing? Of course kids should be both fed and clothed but I am really not sure that school boards ought to have the responsibility to do so,
Considering the child can't go to school without clothes, this doesn't seem like a very applicable analogy.
But if a child showed up without clothes then yes I'd expect the board to find them clothes for the day.
I'd even be fine with the board being responsible for school uniforms if it were a system wide requirement.

I 100% agree that children (and adults) will learn better if they are not hungry but question whether the SCHOOL BOARD should be responsible for feeding them. If they are to be responsible, then they need to be properly funded for this work.
It's a matter of the fact that children require and burn through more energy per pound of mass than adults. Moods and concentration can shift quickly if a child is unfed and undernourished. Kids don't yet have the ability to power through hunger like adults can. If you've got a kid, you've probably seen this phenomenon in action.

Free school lunches even the playing field between those who can afford to give their kids a proper meal, and those who can't. It shouldn't be means tested or anything kids have to "qualify" or sign up for in any way, as that creates a stigma and quickly identifies those who come from low-income families or sheer poverty. If everyone gets the same meal (dietary restrictions aside), it also removes one less trigger for bullying.

The only way to ensure every kid gets a meal at lunch is at the school level, in the lunch room.

Kids should have an equal chance to learn and grow.

I take it you never had 2-4-1 Pizza?
Not in about 20 years. Are there that many still around? I thought it was decent when I was a teenager, before I developed any kind of a palate.

But then 20 years ago pizza places were having major price wars, with Montreal seemingly at the epicentre. 99 cent (and even later, 49 cent) pizza was a thing.

Last edited:

Back