News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Here's a video of the mock-up for octranspo from a couple years ago.

Now the mock-up is part of a simulator they're using for training.

And this is pictures from the inside of an actual train. The door level LCD screen is supposed to be for wheel chair users who might not be able to see the overhead signs at the articulated joints
http://www.ligneconfederationline.ca/builders-blog/spotlight-inside-the-vehicles/

I've posted over in th ION thread but also curious about the Citadis, the trains used by GLink https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G:link have very nice interior LCD screens despite the service being a few years old, will our trains have something similar?
G:link uses Bombardier Flexity 2 trams which were manufactured in Vienna Austria for their system. The interior is something that the system partners ordered customized for their specific needs.

I've posted over in th ION thread but also curious about the Citadis, the trains used by GLink https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G:link have very nice interior LCD screens despite the service being a few years old, will our trains have something similar?

Sometimes simpler is better. The bright orange LED destination signs are easy to see from a distance, whereas if you go LCD you're tempted to want to put more info and pretty graphics on the screen which can make it harder to read unless you're right under the sign. I know Ottawa could have chosen LCD, but they went LED except for the door level signs. I'm pretty sure the flexities could have been ordered either way too

Those Ottawa trains look very similar to Vancouver's SkyTrain MKIV trains.

Don't like those London trains, no level boarding. I'm surprised they were allowed.

Those Ottawa trains look very similar to Vancouver's SkyTrain MKIV trains.

Don't like those London trains, no level boarding. I'm surprised they were allowed.
"London trains?" The Class 700s and 345s? Level boarding for high platforms.

Are you confusing the G:Link Gold-Coast (Brisbane) with London?

Looking in the video, it looked like there was a fairly large gap it wasn't an exact height match, which is fairly common on many train and rapid transit systems. It's level boarding but not fully accessible boarding for those with mobility problems. The video might be deceptive though.

^ What do you mean by "proper screens not led lights" and how does that related to the opening in the 2020s?

It's also not an either/or choice. Both Calgary's s200s and Montreal's azur trains have both. I think it's because the high contrast led signs are more accessible for people with low vision.

Interior signs. But Montreal still uses the orange led signs at the joints between cars, and Calgary has the orange led signs on the windows facing inward. I guess Ottawa has both too, but octranspo has been vague on what they'll display on the LCDs beside the door other than the low placement is for wheelchair to be able to see it. If metrolinx's Citadis cars are as identical to Ottawa's as they seem, they'll also have the screen. The flexities however seem very similar to the TTC streetcars which don't have LCDs

LRV-inside-3-2017-05-17.jpg

Different topic, in terms of actual completed vehicles, here's the score (correct me if I'm wrong)
TTC: 57/204 (Ordered 2009)
OC Transpo: 20/34 Citadis (Ordered 2013) 6/6 LINT (Ordered 2011)
ION: 3/17 (Ordered 2013)
Metrolinx: 0/76 (Ordered 2010)

Back