News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

There's a rumour that the next Doors Open may include the Mt. Dennis station and maintenance facility, May 25-26, 2019. Would depend upon the safety concerns.

I hope that they do that, subject to safety's of course. Would be nice to see the MSF after all these years of construction

On a somewhat related note, it seems to me Ontario might be the subnational entity with the most LRT lines in the Americas by the mid 2020s. By my count we could have as many as 6-7

I suppose it also depends on what you count. Is Ottawa's line 2 LRT or not, it's a bit of an oddball because it's only "light" in comparison to North American railway stock. Do the TTC streetcars count, in which case we're already there?

Also unclear at least here in Ottawa is if we'll we have two lines or four. There's 2 branches on each line at completion which might be numbered independently, or like Vancouver might be considered the same line with different termnii

Annoys me that Edmontons Flexities have large LCD screens and yet ours on a line that will open almost a year later and is a MUCH more expensive project will not.
What is so specel about LCD screens on public transit. The TTC justs atred puttiunbg them on busews and they show nothing specl other themn ther TTC logaoi and alot of empty sapce, otherwise.

What is so specel about LCD screens on public transit. The TTC justs atred puttiunbg them on busews and they show nothing specl other themn ther TTC logaoi and alot of empty sapce, otherwise.

Well in other cities, they show the time to the upcoming stops and some even shows which bus connections you can make at those stops.

Well in other cities, they show the time to the upcoming stops and some even shows which bus connections you can make at those stops.
Also the time to the next station , the last stop, how long a wait before a connecting line will show up. Love seeing that info.

Oh, this delay WILL COST A LOT for BBD. I can literally sense how much it will cost for them.
If you can literally sense it....you should share the information with us. ;):);):)

I actually think Metrolinx should share it with us. They have been very public about the terms of the contract...they told us without hesitation that 6 were due by today and they told us that there were substantial financial penalties just for missing that deadline (ie. that they did not have to show damages) so they can't hide behind any privacy concerns and should just come out and tell us what amount of money they think BBD owes them for missing the "6 by Feb 1" deadline and when they expect to get the money.

Surely after 24 hours, the financial damages are minimal, particularly given they've already got 3 of the prototypes.

How much have they been running the other 3 prototypes?
I feel like this is more of a mental exercise rather than a physical one. Metrolinx doesn’t need to test the trains, as all they need to do is have them in the facility.

Back