News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You are very disrespectful of the veterans who sacrificed so much. I rather they get a free ride than children 12 and under. And giving discounts to a few vets makes a lot more sense than giving discounts to thousands of children
Seriously? Way to accuse people without knowing anything about them.

So at fare inspection, the veterans can show they're veterans by either wearing their uniform or show id. However, how would veterans get through an automated PRESTO gate without using a PRESTO card?

7a7b8ea8151ecb71a64a372c069bbe02.jpg

Didn't know veterans still have to face an obstacle courses these days.

However, how would veterans get through an automated PRESTO gate without using a PRESTO card?

Are you kidding me? With stupid complaints like this we'd still have bus drivers steering with one knee cause they need to give change to passengers paying with cash.

How am I supposed to take the bus if I only have a 20 dollar bill? It's not my fault for not having exact change... I lost my token because it's too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
How am I supposed to take the bus if I only have a 20 dollar bill? It's not my fault for not having exact change... I lost my token because it's too small.
I thought the TTC didn't give change. Once I went on a bus without PRESTO so I took out a $5 bill and the driver said no change. Well it was only $5, buts it's still wasted money.

On Remembrance Day, veterans got free rides on the TTC. How will they do that with PRESTO? Didn't read about a veterans code being available on the PRESTO card.

The obvious way is for staff to have a special code for the ticket machines which can output a single trip ticket at $0. This is the same type of ticket that will be issued to cash customers.

So, instead of showing the subway/bus/tram agent your papers/uniform then walking through the gate, you'll instead show them your papers/uniform and be given a single-trip ticket.

Last edited:
I thought the TTC didn't give change. Once I went on a bus without PRESTO so I took out a $5 bill and the driver said no change. Well it was only $5, buts it's still wasted money.

That's my point. Once upon a time, if you gave the driver a bill, he would -- while driving the bus -- give you change. Then the TTC introduced a policy that you needed to pay the exact amount of the fare. And, unlike with this Presto transition, people didn't complain about the most random inconveniences they can come up with (or perhaps the internet just didn't exist to give a voice to those stupid complaints).

That's my point. Once upon a time, if you gave the driver a bill, he would -- while driving the bus -- give you change. Then the TTC introduced a policy that you needed to pay the exact amount of the fare. And, unlike with this Presto transition, people didn't complain about the most random inconveniences they can come up with (or perhaps the internet just didn't exist to give a voice to those stupid complaints).

Some of these ads are still so applicable these days that I'd wish they'd run them again.

ttc14nw8.JPG

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...nge-and-other-vintage-ttc-ads/article4416201/

So, you think having someone making change while driving or parked and holding everyone up is a good Idea? Of course it would be even better if there were no fares, and no private cars, but that ain't happening.

So, you think having someone making change while driving or parked and holding everyone up is a good Idea?

Forcing people to buy dime-sized coins in advance for $2.90 a pop and make sure they keep & don't lose them is a bad idea too. So is forcing people, including a lot of incredibly poor people to pay $142 up front for a Metropass and leaving them S.O.L. (and paying for transportation for the rest of the month) if it gets lost or stolen. And it's also a bad idea to take an available tax credit away from many of the TTC's passengers, since there's much broader eligibility for electronic farecards.

Many transit agencies in the Greater Golden Horseshoe area honour the sacrifice of the veterans of Canada’s wars by offering vets and their traveling companions free rides Remembrance Day, this Friday, November 11.

Transit agencies that have specifically announced the free service include Brampton Transit, Burlington Transit, Durham Region Transit, Guelph Transit, GO Transit, the Hamilton Street Railway, MiWay, the Toronto Transit Commission and York Region Transit.

The agencies encourage vets to wear uniforms and medals on Remembrance Day or bring some other form of identification to let drivers and fare collectors know that they are veterans.

Many of the agencies also offer free rides to the families of deceased veterans. Families should bring documents that identify them as a family member of a veteran who has passed away.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/archives/weblog/2016/11/09-veterans_r.shtml

It's the same on Warriors Day.

Families should bring documents to prove to bus drivers that their dead relative is indeed a veteran. The most ridiculous thing I've read so far this week.

I hadn't heard about this until today (I knew about the actual veterans getting free rides). I even qualify! I can't imagine that this is well known or that many people take advantage of it.

I hadn't heard about this until today (I knew about the actual veterans getting free rides). I even qualify! I can't imagine that this is well known or that many people take advantage of it.

I think that's the point. Get to say "we support the veteran" without supporting the veterans.

Seriously? Way to accuse people without knowing anything about them.

Oh I know you very well from other threads (lol). Stop with the silly responses and over-the-top drama in your posts. :D

Back on topic...a special Presto card for vets that taps $0.00 everywhere they go would be cool!

Last edited:
Oh I know you very well from other threads (lol). Stop with the silly responses and over-the-top drama in your posts. :D

Back on topic...a special Presto card for vets that taps $0.00 everywhere they go would be cool!
Over-the-top drama is accusing someone of being disrespectful to veterans just because you disagree with them.

This seems like a huge opportunity for abuse.

Last edited:

Back