News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ta....I got tired of asking them as all i got were "we're working on it" or "soon" or (at the end of May when a guy was marketing Presto on the platform) "any day now"....he didn't have an answer to my "wouldn't the machines have to be here to make that true?"

Well, June only has a few more days left in it so that really is "any day".....now!

Well, June only has a few more days left in it so that really is "any day".....now!
Well, it was only the Chair speaking - so who knows? It's not like anyone will ask him any difficult questions at the next meeting in September if it doesn't come on line until August :)

Well, it was only the Chair speaking - so who knows? It's not like anyone will ask him any difficult questions at the next meeting in September if it doesn't come on line until August :)

Well, I have not been at the station since last Friday.....but there were no Presto machines there then. The bases were installed (in a bit of a flurry) late April/early May.....but then nothing.

GO did a site visit on May 20th that turned up a few deficiencies that required flagging (water in the fibre transceiver box). Accenture deemed the site not ready and a new site visit required. CN requires 4 weeks notice to schedule a flagman, so there was a sizable delay between when they thought they'd be done and the unanticipated delay. I believe it'll be weekend work, so I'm guessing by mid-July they'll be in place.

Spotted installed and powered Presto readers at Brampton GO this evening, at door between the east tunnel and the bus terminal, and the door between the east tunnel and the lower parking lot ("behind the bakery"). I didn't notice any others installed on the east side of the station building, but the ones I did see were powered and displaying "not in service".

I used Presto on a GO Bus today. Had not seen this operational, as of yet. Did I miss an announcement?

This was on a route from Union Bus Terminal.

I used Presto on a GO Bus today. Had not seen this operational, as of yet. Did I miss an announcement?

This was on a route from Union Bus Terminal.

They are been roll out this summer and you caught one of the first one in testing.

Spotted installed and powered Presto readers at Brampton GO this evening, at door between the east tunnel and the bus terminal, and the door between the east tunnel and the lower parking lot ("behind the bakery"). I didn't notice any others installed on the east side of the station building, but the ones I did see were powered and displaying "not in service".
Took the train from Mt Pleasant today (why no presto machines anywhere west of the station building....lots of entry points and a huge parking lot but presto customers have a long hike to tap) as the train went through Brampton noticed a few installed machines on the north platform). Yippee!

Now please turn on all the Presto readers on GO and I might actually get a Presto card!

While the readers I spotted the other day have now been wrapped in white "not in service" plastic, I did noticed several dozen on the north platform. Haven't been to the south platform yet, but there should be fewer there because there are fewer access points.

While the readers I spotted the other day have now been wrapped in white "not in service" plastic, I did noticed several dozen on the north platform. Haven't been to the south platform yet, but there should be fewer there because there are fewer access points.

I was tempted to use one of the ones on the north platform this morning.......through the greenish film on the screen it was clearly saying tap here....yes the ones at the junction between the bus terminal and the train station are now wrapped in white plastic. I did not see any on the south platform at all.

Presto machines at a Vivastation (Enterprise in question) are working for some reason, with the ugly grey bags removed. They don't print transfers or allow you to select the three-zone option though. A potential date from a YRT driver is July 18th.

Last edited:
The ones wrapped in white plastic are usually working. I found that out one night when I was at Eglinton station. It was the last train, so the ticket booth was already closed. The TVM wasn't working. But I could see the PRESTO machine glowing under that white plastic bag. So I held up my card and *DING*. I imagine I was the first person to use it at that station as it didn't officially go live for about a month after.

It happened...it really happened....they found a way to run a big long Presto extension cable all the way to Brampton!!!!!

Starting today, July 13, you can get PRESTO, the new fare card, at Brampton GO Station. Currently PRESTO can be used on GO for train trips. PRESTO on GO Buses is coming soon.

As a special incentive to our loyal customers, until September 21, 2011,GO 10-ride and monthly pass users can get a PRESTO card at GO stations or Union Station and save the $6 card issuance fee. It's easy - just show your current GO 10-ride ticket or monthly pass to the Station Attendant, have at least $10 loaded to the card, and you can start enjoying the many benefits of PRESTO.

For your added convenience, Brampton station will also be open weekday evenings, 4:40 to 6:40 p.m., July 13 - 19, for PRESTO card sales.

Visit http://gotransit.com/public/en/fares/presto.aspx for more information.

Back