News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I was on route 196 today and the bus had these new presto readers installed next to each door.

Screen shot 2016-04-05 at 1.46.26 AM.png

Screen shot 2016-04-05 at 1.46.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-04-05 at 1.46.26 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-05 at 1.46.26 AM.png
    428 KB · Views: 949
  • Screen shot 2016-04-05 at 1.46.36 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-05 at 1.46.36 AM.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 951
More Presto oddities on the TTC.

For the first trip, the first tap is on a 506 on Gerrard/Woodbine, and the second is a 504. And yet it thinks I tapped at Roncs and Queen. Which starts to make me think I don't actually understand how it's implemented transfers ... as I'd think any 506 to 504 transfer would always be good. It's almost like it's trying to guess the root from the location ... so another refund request.

And for the second trip, the transfer worked - but it was at Gerrard/Broadview, not Dundas/Sorauren ... very bizarre.

upload_2016-4-5_8-1-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-5_8-1-49.png
    upload_2016-4-5_8-1-49.png
    55 KB · Views: 1,014
More Presto oddities on the TTC.

For the first trip, the first tap is on a 506 on Gerrard/Woodbine, and the second is a 504. And yet it thinks I tapped at Roncs and Queen. Which starts to make me think I don't actually understand how it's implemented transfers ... as I'd think any 506 to 504 transfer would always be good. It's almost like it's trying to guess the root from the location ... so another refund request.

And for the second trip, the transfer worked - but it was at Gerrard/Broadview, not Dundas/Sorauren ... very bizarre.

View attachment 71682
I think the GPS went bizarre but that's very weird that it happened twice to you on the same day. Sometimes I get the location "0". Not sure if transfers would work when that happens.

Just curious how do you go about requesting one from the TTC as I think i may have been charged when I transferred from a 504 on diversion from king on queen when I used my presto card to enter osgoode station.
Contact customer service at 416-393-3030. They'll want you to print out the records from your Presto account.

What does it say in your account?

Though transfers from any streetcar stop to any subway station seem to be accepted, from what I've seen.

The Presto readers have been out of service at Bathurst station for a week or two and the load/check machines have been in query mode only for at least part of that time. Anyone know what's going on?

is bathurst on the list for new fare gates?
The entire system is in line for new faregates. Though I think only the Markham Street entrance gets them in 2016.

The readers apparently have been out of service for weeks. Called PRESTO customer service and they are "looking for a fix."
They were both in service when I passed this evening at about 9:30 pm. And again about midnight. Or at least they were lit up and showed the green arrow pointing down to the reader.

The entire system is in line for new faregates. Though I think only the Markham Street entrance gets them in 2016.

They were both in service when I passed this evening at about 9:30 pm. And again about midnight. Or at least they were lit up and showed the green arrow pointing down to the reader.

That's interesting (and convenient) that the Markham entrance will get them this year, but I suppose token/pass-only entrances are an obvious candidate for conversion.

Old fare gates are being removed right now at Sherbourne Station in preparation for the new ones!

Back